Good alarm, command start..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitrduun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a vendor on here or eBay that sells a good command start and alarm? Never touched them before so a user friendly install would be appreciated .. Thanks !

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of them are made by Direct electronics. Go the Autozone or advanced and get one for $100. Sometimes you can find the Vipers at a pretty good price. This installation cost is what is so high. If you can do it yourself you'll save a lot! The resistance box you have to use is kind of a pain. Evertime you change the battery you have to re-program it.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets get some more people on here with unit prices and install costs.. (i have a guy that will install for beer) but i am interested in remote start.. but would also like to see some feedback of costs and various units... not exactly wanting to drop $600 on a viper 2way unit to simply have remote start...

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Pyle remote start on my daily, been on for like 3 years with zero problems, I payed like $35 for it new :crazy:

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a CompuStar 2-way remote start on my 03' Denali and love it. Never had any problems. I think I paid about $400 for the alarm, the special adapter unit and installation. But my buddy gave me the alarm at cost and gave me an awesome deal. I think it would of been about $650-$700 normally.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to be an alarm and stereo installer years ago. I changed professions around 2004 but I still install as a hobby. I have seen a lot of people get in WAY over their head thinking they could install a remote start by themselves. True, experience with car audio is a big help, but you need to understand wiring diagrams and how electrical circuits work. You will need to use diodes and relays for certain functions of the alarm to integrate properly with your truck. I suggest joining over on the12volt.com and search the forums. There are literally dozens of professional installers who can answer any questions along the way during your install.
As far as brands, I have installed dozens of them. Anything by Directed is good, Prestige, Autopage, Code Alarm, and Crime stopper.
I would stay away from anything made by Omega or any of their brands (K-9, Excalibur, and a few others) and anything made by Bulldog Security.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts