Good dongle type scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy. I got a smart phone. Is there a dongle type scanner that will do a good job and is 2 way that will work with my phone ?
Thanks Gents
Pete
PS...hopefully not made in red china

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this one last year and I've been seriously impressed by the bi-directional capabilities.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3QQYQ1B?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Even reads airbag codes, does the abs purging and controls BCM functions. Has misfire counts.

Only drawback is after the first year you have to pay an annual fee. But it will be cheaper and will probably pay for that itself when diagnosing and troubleshooting.

I have an Innova 5610(?) and it's okay for live data, but not really bi-directional. It's kinda of expensive for what it is TBH.

OP
OP
B

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this one last year and I've been seriously impressed by the bi-directional capabilities.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3QQYQ1B?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Even reads airbag codes, does the abs purging and controls BCM functions. Has misfire counts.

Only drawback is after the first year you have to pay an annual fee. But it will be cheaper and will probably pay for that itself when diagnosing and troubleshooting.

I have an Innova 5610(?) and it's okay for live data, but not really bi-directional. It's kinda of expensive for what it is TBH.

I have the same one, I'm honestly impressed for the price. it's not my daily driver but I do even use it at work because it's simple and easier than the super expensive laptop based manufacture specific stuff that always need 10 updates to work lol.

I am curious about the other one thou too.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have the same and well worth the $65

Brawny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can this be used to disable DOD on my 2011 Chevy Tahoe?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can this be used to disable DOD on my 2011 Chevy Tahoe?
normally they can not. you can buy things that plug in and request it to not engage but they must be plugged in at all times and cause a hassle if you need to emissions testing. the better way is to have it turned off in the tune. either hptuners, some service like black bear here on this site. or you can mail your ecm off and have it done for 50$ if you can have the truck down a few days.

OP
OP
B

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed
When I plugged into my Tahoe (2012) the thing tells me I need the MX for this vehicle. I bought the LX (cheaper) and for older vehicles on their recommendation ! Also, when doing wife's '14 Escape.....I had to buy a $14.99 download to get the good stuff. I am not going to recommend this scanner to anyone !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts