got a flat need help with replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, driver side and passenger side. It doesn't really matter. Just as long as you push up on the tire evenly.
I have read in some forums that the secondary lock can get messed up and simply pushing up on it won't disengage it. Not sure what to do to fix that, but just keep pushing in different places I guess and see if that does anything for you.

tx01tahoe

Reaction score
There isn't a second mechanism, you just put the tool I'm the slot and turn left to lower it. I suppose it could get jammed over a period of time but I rarely see that happen and I work at a tire shop, but I am in texas and don't across rust.

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't a second mechanism, you just put the tool I'm the slot and turn left to lower it. I suppose it could get jammed over a period of time but I rarely see that happen and I work at a tire shop, but I am in texas and don't across rust.

ahhh... No rust must be nice... Who get's flat tire's anyway??? But in all seriousness (SP?) I've only seen this twice and once was at a GM shop that took a mechanic 2hrs to figure out and well I'm not getting advice from him given his track record and well my plan is to avoid using it...... Problem Solved or To Be Continued...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou