Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as mine that I think I possibly sent you a pic of when I was parts gathering

Here, text or OF private message?

Also, my alcohol level stayed at 21.6% after over half a tank of 100%. Today I topped off from just under a quarter tank and logged it. Bam, 4.4%, but wait. It jumped around from that, to 7.7, then up as high as 28%, then back down to 14 I think. This was in a <5 mile span of logging. So idk

The virtual sensor will take some miles to relearn, triggered when it sees fuel has been added. I think the numbers are an increase of three gallons to trigger the relearn and the relearn takes at least seven miles. The relearn can be interrupted by many factors including hard throttle, multiple restarts and excessive idling.

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here, text or OF private message?

The virtual sensor will take some miles to relearn, triggered when it sees fuel has been added. I think the numbers are an increase of 3 gallons to trigger the relearn and the relearn takes at least seven miles. The relearn can be interrupted by many factors including hard throttle, multiple restarts and excessive idling.
I'm sure iMessage or OF

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of trolls...

I bet you know how it works!
all this o2 talk... i went ahead and ordered another denso. ive got one bank that always reads low at idle but cleans up and looks good at anything above. ive chased down dead cylinders changes plugs, wires, coils, injectors cleaned, compression tested every cyl. prob shoulve started with a new o2

Last edited:
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all this o2 talk... i went ahead and ordered another denso. ive got one bank that always reads low at idle but cleans up and looks good at anything above. ive chased down dead cylinders changes plugs, wires, coils, injectors cleaned, compression tested every cyl. prob shoulve started with a new o2

Unless I can confirm the ones I have actually are correct (or are a viable option), I'm probably gonna order some of the other ones @swathdiver listed. I've read so much conflicting info on these- both with what part numbers are correct and their position- upstream or downstream. Also read that '08 and maybe '07-'08 had their own part numbers for sensors and Denso was the supplier for those years.

James, can you link me to your "ACDelco smart page"?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless I can confirm the ones I have actually are correct (or are a viable option), I'm probably gonna order some of the other ones @swathdiver listed. I've read so much conflicting info on these- both with what part numbers are correct and their position- upstream or downstream. Also read that '08 and maybe '07-'08 had their own part numbers for sensors and Denso was the supplier for those years.

get the gd flex fuel sensor and quit messing round with the virtual

possible the one i have on bank two is just cooked from pressure/heat. could probably just swap the two and see if problem follows also, but never hurts to have a spare around anyway

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the gd flex fuel sensor and quit messing round with the virtual

True true. Hell, If I can do the sensor how I want, I can have it done for about the same cost as two new sensors. I really wanted them just so I know it's reading accurately regardless of calculating alcohol content. But, I guess they are cuz everything seems to be in line.

possible the one i have on bank two is just cooked from pressure/heat. could probably just swap the two and see if problem follows also, but never hurts to have a spare around anyway

I have an intermittent issue with B2 as well. "Insufficient switching". I get it maybe once or twice a year. I swapped the sensors around- problem didn't follow. Maybe it's old injectors. I wanna have the injectors on that spare engine I bought reconditioned and flowed. I've used Injector RX in Houston before. No complaints, but can you recommend anyone?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GMPartsGiant and https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/acesCat.php?

All 3 of my trucks use the same sensors.

Because some guys were showing Denso sensors in ACDelco boxes, I went into the garage looking for my spares and old ones but couldn't find them. Must be buried in the corner.

What started this was folks getting bad readings and finding out the common factor was aftermarket sensors. Then I compared them online and saw that they are physically different. It's still possible that some Denso sensors being sold are different then the ones sold by ACDelco, like NGK does with spark plugs. Happy to be wrong.

In my racing days, we went through a ton of O2 sensors to keep the motors in top form. They were not heated back then (1 wire) and wore out quickly wen exposed to leaded gas or too much octane booster. We didn't have ethanol back then. We made slightly more power with GNX sensors, guess they were calibrated a little differently.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texted a parts list, etc. to Hy Hoe guy.

Did some research on the physical sensor conversion. Found there are a few options for pre-made kits from around $200-$300. Found GM sensors (Continental) for ~$55 and plenty of pigtail options for ~$8. Next step is to get under it and confirm a connection method.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY got that damned HPT to write to this thing. Reset laptop (runs much better!) and completed HPT's online course to unlock the advanced parameters (more of a Hail Mary shot). I was trying to upload an older tune and it kept saying I wasn't licensed. I then just read the current calibrations, edited those and wrote them. I'm guessing the problem was that older tune was done with the MPVI2 and the most recent were with the MPVI3 and those are the only ones that'll work now. I never claimed to fully know what I was doing.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY got that damned HPT to write to this thing. Reset laptop (runs much better!) and completed HPT's online course to unlock the advanced parameters (more of a Hail Mary shot). I was trying to upload an older tune and it kept saying I wasn't licensed. I then just read the current calibrations, edited those and wrote them. I'm guessing the problem was that older tune was done with the MPVI2 and the most recent were with the MPVI3 and those are the only ones that'll work now. I never claimed to fully know what I was doing.
Glad you got it figured out. Hpt can be a pain in the ass sometimes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts