Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used flaring tool and tube sleeve/nut but yea same concept.... i dont like using compression fittings but thats just me

Last I messed with fuel line stuff, using compression was a no-no. But they didn't have the fancy stuff I'm finding now. I'd feel better about a flared coupling. I imagine I'd have to be really accurate with where I cut it cuz there's probably not much slack to slide the hard line sideways much. Researching different couplings...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol

It's the same reason why I keep a few coils in the air hose. I want the air going in my tires to already be round.
So the fuel that's in the rail at the injector getting squirted into the combustion chamber is the same fuel that's 5 feet down the line, or at the tank? If so, why are you currently sampling it at the rail and not just from the handle at the pump?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same O2s as you, as spec'ed by RA. Maybe they work fine for general engine operation but not for the alcohol calculating part. If I can add the physical sensor in where I want it, I'd rather spend the cheese on that than two new/different O2 sensors and still likely not be as accurate with alco %.

I'll be under the Hoe shortly...
Do post your process. I believe I'll be needing that after seeing what my junk is reading.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Great timing and looking forward to your alc % results! How are you testing it- test tube with water method? I've never heard of the Denso P-B664 in all of this.
Not really testing the fuel at all. I just know that when I buy 89 and it is supposed to have no more than 10% ethanol and the Tech 2 shows that my truck has calculated it to be 25% - 35%, either the truck is reading wrong or the gas stations are really ripping people off. Not super scientific, I know, but that is the truth none the less.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Denso 234 4668 is what RA was saying for mine that I ordered :shrug:
Kind of interesting when I look up the Denso 234 4668 that O'Reilly's shows a picture of it, and if you zoom in, it is the P-B664... I don't put a great deal of faith in what sellers post for pictures but it is curious just the same. Also, get your tinfoil hat ready... 4668 is kind of like B664, but BACKWARDS!!!... lol

I can't recall if I ordered the old ones from RA or not, I would have to go back through my old emails to see, and to be honest, I don't think I care that much.

Attachments

• rps20230417_000709_827.jpg
    rps20230417_000709_827.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the fuel that's in the rail at the injector getting squirted into the combustion chamber is the same fuel that's 5 feet down the line, or at the tank? If so, why are you currently sampling it at the rail and not just from the handle at the pump?

I don't see how it couldn't be the same. There's only one source of fuel in my Tahoe- the 26 gallon tank. The fuel is pressurized and piped through a 3/8" hose then leaked out of eight different points. Nowhere between the tank and those eight points is anything else introduced.

I sample at the rail because, in the tank, there's older fuel from a possibly different batch with a possibly different alcohol content than what's coming out of the pump at the most recent refueling. It mixes in the tank and is pumped to the fuel rail to be injected. Testing at the rail tells me what alcohol content the engine is getting with the old and new fuels mixed. I don't do it to know what is coming out of the pump. I already know that's not actually 85% Ethanol. I do it to know what my actual net alcohol content is to compare to my always-erroneous, as-calculated-by-the-PCM content is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts