Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't like that back to back 90 for flow anyway, glad it didn't work lol

Valid point. I disregarded this factor due to my low power levels.

Do like that gto hose tho, I've seen it before and thought it worked good but forgot where it came from

Got this one off Amazon. I think it's the '04/LS1 version- about 7/8" longer than the '05+LS2 version.

Functionally, I'm satisfied with how it all fell out. I'd like to remove the Russell hose and heat it to "lock" it in that looped position. I was looking up temperature ranges of PTFE (hose material inside braided part) and Viton (O-ring) materials last night. 350° should be sufficient and plenty safe.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got home this afternoon and immediately uploaded those changes since I was in a rush to get out to take Kin to dinner. Watching the scanner, it's floating between 11.8% and 12.2% alcohol content. Test tube shows 10, maybe 11%. So, it's MUCH more accurate right away. I'd rather it read a point or two high than the 7 to 20+ points low. I'm currently at 1/8 tank of 93 E10. I'll time it to be on fumes as I reach the RaceTrac with E85.

I'm calling it a win. For those keeping tabs (@kbuskill):

Sensor: ACDelco 13507128- $53 on Amazon
Plug and pigtail harness: Hoypeyfiy (actually Delphi)- $8 on Amazon
Braided flex hose: Edelbrock/Russell 651120- $31

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valid point. I disregarded this factor due to my low power levels.

Got this one off Amazon. I think it's the '04/LS1 version- about 7/8" longer than the '05+LS2 version.

Functionally, I'm satisfied with how it all fell out. I'd like to remove the Russell hose and heat it to "lock" it in that looped position. I was looking up temperature ranges of PTFE (hose material inside braided part) and Viton (O-ring) materials last night. 350° should be sufficient and plenty safe.
i grabbed one of the gto hoses, going to try and use on caddy. the fuel line for it come up on the passenger side, makes a 120* turn, cuts across the top of the sc, and then 90s into the hard line that goes to the hpfp. its retarded.
im hoping i can put this on the hardline to the hpfp go behind the engine and put the sensor, and hoping i can massage the stock line to turn behind the engine

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got home this afternoon and immediately uploaded those changes since I was in a rush to get out to take Kin to dinner. Watching the scanner, it's floating between 11.8% and 12.2% alcohol content. Test tube shows 10, maybe 11%. So, it's MUCH more accurate right away. I'd rather it read a point or two high than the 7 to 20+ points low. I'm currently at 1/8 tank of 93 E10. I'll time it to be on fumes as I reach the RaceTrac with E85.

I'm calling it a win. For those keeping tabs (@kbuskill):

Sensor: ACDelco 13507128- $53 on Amazon
Plug and pigtail harness: Hoypeyfiy (actually Delphi)- $8 on Amazon
Braided flex hose: Edelbrock/Russell 651120- $31
That's awesome. Meanwhile, my '04 flex sensor is crazy expensive. RA has it at $380. :eek:

Thankfully, mine is still reading accurately. Massive knock on wood.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's awesome. Meanwhile, my '04 flex sensor is crazy expensive. RA has it at $380. :eek:

Thankfully, mine is still reading accurately. Massive knock on wood.

Plenty of them in the Upulls around me. Last time I was at one I saw 5 or 6; easy to get to with the engine and tranny out. If they're any good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsheyden10

Latest posts