Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't found one that works yet, I grabbed a split one from lisle still wasn't worth a shit

Or maybe it does..last time I had to pull the one on ctsv before I brought to dealerahip...I think I ordered that one and didn't come I time. Had to pick it off with a couple small screwdrivers

Well, damn. That looks to be about as low-profile as you can get. If that one still fights it, then either there's probably some overpriced Kent-Moore tool that the factory uses or it's designed for a different type of retainer in the fittings, like the push-to-unlock style on the plastic fittings.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find any disconnect tool worth a shit in my experience fwiw. I know I am just a shit bird in here but that’s my .02.

That metal scissor style has never given me any grief at all. Just put it around the hard line and push into the fitting and the fitting comes right off. Used it many times on my Jeep and countless LS engines. Never fought it once.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the tune, you just switch it from virtual to sensor?

Si. I also did that thing you told me to do. I would've uploaded it all tonight but then I would've wanted to go for a test drive. It's late and I wanna charge the battery before uploading the tune. Tahoe's in the shop on the charger now.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find any disconnect tool worth a shit in my experience fwiw. I know I am just a shit bird in here but that’s my .02.

You can see what Randy is describing here. Note how close the two metal fittings are on the inlet and outlet of the sensor. Black braided is the incoming hose, stainless braided is the outgoing. The black plastic sensor body doesn't allow room for standard release tools which go down inside the fitting to spread the locking tangs apart:

img_e5532-jpg.jpg

Of course, this isn't really a thought until after you click it on there then wanna take it off. I think the idea is to use this style of fitting, which has an external, sideways-sliding lock:

img_5526-jpg.jpg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see what Randy is describing here. Note how close the two metal fittings are on the inlet and outlet of the sensor. Black braided is the incoming hose, stainless braided is the outgoing. The black plastic sensor body doesn't allow room for standard release tools which go down inside the fitting to spread the locking tangs apart:

View attachment 398186

Of course, this isn't really a thought until after you click it on there then wanna take it off. I think the idea is to use this style of fitting, which has an external, sideways-sliding lock:

View attachment 398187
Didn't like that back to back 90 for flow anyway, glad it didn't work lol

Do like that gto hose tho, I've seen it before and thought it worked good but forgot where it came from

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Si. I also did that thing you told me to do. I would've uploaded it all tonight but then I would've wanted to go for a test drive. It's late and I wanna charge the battery before uploading the tune. Tahoe's in the shop on the charger

Good deal. Hopefully that helps your converter as much as it helped me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts