handgun location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I thought I'd bump it up in case anyone is looking for ideas.

This is how I mounted my Blackhawk Serpa holster.

I used a piece of 1/8" thick steel and put a 90 degree bend in it. I wanted a clean install without destroying any visible piece of the interior.
I had to cut a section out of the inner dash, this isn't visible at all with the dash assembled.
909F7D9D-1479-448A-ACD8-66FB754E0DB7.jpg
0638F7EE-C9AA-4861-A09E-7B3F627A34A0.jpg

I then drilled three hole so it could be mounted to the inner dash and exit through the factory seam in the dash.
88853506-85E8-46F6-8AFD-D84A8FAD0100.jpg
4DC54D75-8CC1-484F-9D5B-0D9E4501A5DC.jpg

Painted the bracket and mounted the Serpa holster directly to it.
59DA3125-73B8-4B85-8CE5-908ABC20846D.jpg
4C5C69C1-A3CF-495D-9607-8242BD5499EE.jpg
D42DE120-346B-4979-B007-3457002F2841.jpg

not really my style but I love the work you put into it. Great job man!

Tehboogyman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know it's probably not everyones cup of tea but I live in Houston and too much shit happens here for me to not be prepared. My house has already been broken into in less than a year here.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I know it's probably not everyones cup of tea but I live in Houston and too much shit happens here for me to not be prepared. My house has already been broken into in less than a year here.

oh nothing against the gun ( I have 3 in my truck right now) - and yeah I know all about Houston crime. I was pistol whipped at and they try'd to still my truck in the middle of the day at a cracker barrel one day in houston

Plazma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Being a lefty and using some of the extra accessories Springfield provides I was able to use the right handed paddle holster and clip it into the side pocket at the bottom of the door in the burb Makes for an easy grab if needed. and I tend to holster and unholster when getting in and out the vehicle since I normally carry in the 8-9 O'clock area with the alien gear holster I used.

Holster was comfortable but having an XdM 4.5 pressing against your back for an extended period of time while driving isn't very comfortable.

Tehboogyman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I carry IWB in the small of my back so short trips are ok but anything longer than a few miles becomes uncomfortable very fast.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I just picked up an '09 Tahoe last week. For those that drive with their pistols accesible and concealed, where in the cabin do you keep your pistol? I live in TX and keeping a pistol in a vehicle is legal. I find the center console way to deep and the glovebox is too far from the driver's reach.

Thanks and Happy New Year.
Harbor Freight big round magnet, about five bucks. You can mount it almost anywhere. I have one inside the hall closet. I'm probably going to put one on the kick panel. The one I have in the house doesn't scratch the surface of the gun.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have pictures of it yet, but we installed a Texas Custom Holster on the left side of the console under the dash for my wife's LCR .357. When it's not there, it goes in the nano gun safe in the console.

I'm left-handed, so on my DD, a '12 Caprice 9C1, I put a Texas Custom Holster at the base of the B-pillar. It's about perfect for me there.

As a word of note, if you mount a holster somewhere on an interior panel, make sure you don't have an airbag on the other side of that panel. That was a big issue in our Caprice. The perfect place for me was the panel under the steering column but the knee bolster airbag was a show-stopper.

And I have no association with Texas Custom Holsters, just a satisfied customer.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wedged between the seat and the center console is the best, most easily accessed place. The map pockets in the doors are a little too low, even for a lefty. Just don't shoot yourself should you ever need to pull it.

That, and you never know if it's slid to the front of the map pocket, or the back of the map pocket, or somewhere in between.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I keep my pistol in a pancake on my side most of the time. I also use the pouch behind the passenger seat sometime for an AR 15 pistol as long as no one is in the back seat. And my Remington 870 shotgun /AOW fits in the map holder in the door it is only about 16 inches long overall.

BIGGERSHAFT94

Reaction score
I have a xds .45 3.3 with a techna clip. I just clip in above the visor when i dont have it on my side. most people dont even realize its there but it would probably be pretty noticable if your gun is a double stack. Spare magazines stay in the consol since it only holds 5+1 with a standard magazine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamztrucking