Headlight retro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like your style Bo. :Handshake:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, but you skipped a step...aiming. Did you aim them prior to JB Welding? If not looks like you got lucky with the rotation of the projector.

OP
OP
blkonblk

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, but you skipped a step...aiming. Did you aim them prior to JB Welding? If not looks like you got lucky with the rotation of the projector.

I did forget that step, didnt take any pictures doing this, used the old headlight to mark the cutoff then just match it with the projector. Glue the projector( you have time to play with it before it becomes hard so you set it up to your liking) then just let it sit overnight. Used JB Weld

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the stock lights, did you just put the tape where the hotspots were? then align from there? Starting my retro this week.

OP
OP
blkonblk

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the stock lights, did you just put the tape where the hotspots were? then align from there? Starting my retro this week.

Correct, from about 25 feet away. Look where the cutoff is and tape it.

Try to set the headlight on something that is the same height as the lights on the truck to make this process easier

Last edited:

LTLux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I'm still waiting on mine.

I thought about trying it myself as well but glad i did not. Leave it to the pros!

I will post pics of mine when I get them in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adtd51