Headliner R&R…? anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used that product a few times with disappointing results. In my personal experience 3M is the best for this. Hopefully you'll have better results then I did.
oh $hit! not what i expected to hear. i work at napa and thats what we carry

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 3m but I made the mistake of putting it back in the same day I glued it. The heat from the next day caused it to separate and sag in spots. If my memory is correct I read somewhere to let it dry for 3 days before you try and install it back to make sure it is glued good. I did that after I redid it (mine was a 95 bronco, so much smaller liner), 3 days may be excessive but I wouldn't want to do it a 2nd time.

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 3m but I made the mistake of putting it back in the same day I glued it. The heat from the next day caused it to separate and sag in spots. If my memory is correct I read somewhere to let it dry for 3 days before you try and install it back to make sure it is glued good. I did that after I redid it (mine was a 95 bronco, so much smaller liner), 3 days may be excessive but I wouldn't want to do it a 2nd time.
ya i hear that. this headliner is never coming out again, at least on my watch. i will be glad to get it back in. lucky, more like it. was a PIA to take out, and its going to be 2x the difficulty getting it back in because of the caution needed not to dirty it and such. plus getting all of the holes lined up where everything goes back in with the tacks, and trim, etc. this was a much larger job than i had anticipated and fortunately for myself i didnt put a lot of thought into it lest i would have skipped this headache altogether and just set it on fire.

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and its been sitting for almost 24 hours now. I may try to stick it back in tomorrow night or sunday. the weather has been great as far getting that headliner glue set and cured. mid to high 80's daytime and low 60's at night... and zero humidity, slight breeze - i would bet that its good and set by tomorrow for sure.

in the meantime i would like to get my cluster working again. maybe go straight to whatever ball joints are needed in the steering or suspension if I have to order anything for the gauge pod repair.