Heat, but no blow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fowldarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thought I'd give you a catchy title so you could make comments about my gf etc.

But exactly what it says. I have heat (it slowly trickles out of the vents), but it is not blowing. This has been an off and on problem for awhile. Historically, I have been able to rectify the situation by giving the rubber housing around the blower motor a solid thump.

I'm guessing, that by doing this and not just fixing it, I have, over time, burned up my blower motor...? Any other thoughts? I see I can get the blower motor for about $35, anything else while I'm in there?

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its not working at all I would say its your blower. I guess it could be a loose connection.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. I've had the same problem 2x in the last 7 months. No blower, tap on the housing and blower comes on.

Last edited:

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a dead spot on the rotor of the motor IE the brushes are not touching the comm and when you kick it you jar them just enough for it to start to spin

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this happen. I could hit the motor cover and it would come on. I replaced the motor and fixed the problem.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem when i replaced my stereo system... replaced my blower motor and nothing happened. the found out that i needed a new AC control assembly. which is the knobs and computer under the stereo controls. thank god i found a junkyard in dallas that had one with the rear defrost! only one in north texas...

OP
OP
F

fowldarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine better not be the switch panel, I have the LED one and if I can't find a used one we are looking at $600.00....Yikes. but pretty sure it's in the motor. (due to previously being able to tap it and get it to work)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
le frog