heater core ok? probably not. change my mind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the exact thing last year changing out my intake gasket. The white tee was basically fused to the aluminum heater core tube and eventually had to just cut it off but I had previously yanked on it Pretty good while trying to press on those not so quick Connect tabs with no results. Changed both white and black tees, and did notice that the heater core tubing does move a little bit but I've been tracking my coolant level and it really hasn't changed in the past Year. so I think you should be safe as well. On a side note, in my consternation at the whole process, I forgot to put loctite on the intake manifold bolts, so I'll probably be doing it sooner than later again. Hope you did not "pull a bob" as my wife would call it.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got pretty rough with mine when I replaced them....Nary a problem after the job, so I reckon those tubes are on pretty good. Used pliers to break up the old plastic tees as was recommended here on the Forum. Worked great.
Same problem with the tees on my 05 Denali. They were fused and locked good on the heater core nipple. I cut those Tees to pieces with wire cutters. I made up cuss words while doing it too! I even said things about the Tees mother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apx2ApxDriver