Small Coolant leak from hvac heater hose quick connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Atrevino0497

Reaction score
I didn’t get a notification until just now of new comments. I fully apologize.

Thankyou all for your help and feedback. I actually ordered new lines and a new blower motor for the rear hvac unit. It decided to crap out on me Friday, I took my 3 dogs to the vet for their vaccinations and they were panting. I reached behind my seat and nothing was coming out of the roof vent behind me.

I took the back cover off turned on the rear unit when we got back home and the motor wouldn’t budge. I checked the connection by unplugging and plugging it back in. It moved very little and then dead again. It doesn’t work at any setting. After working flawlessly previously in the week

The fuses are good so I’m leaving the controls off until I get the new motor in. It’s been very hot in Minnesota this past week

I get she’s getting up there in age to where things need to be replaced, after these 3 things all I’m waiting for now is the trans to decide to leave the chat. Once the 6l80 push around 150k they seem to be a ticking bomb anytime after and my god are they pretty spendy even for a reman.

I remember my impala’s tranny only being $2600 for a total overhaul 2 years ago, taking off from a stop it would slip and slam into gear. I thought I was being rear ended it was that bad . I was told it was the forward clutch piston seal that was leaking and when it built up pressure it would slam into gear and the 1-2 clutch was gone , the shop owner put heavy duty sonnax parts in it and I think he said he upgraded the servo to a corvette one.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t get a notification until just now of new comments. I fully apologize.

Thankyou all for your help and feedback. I actually ordered new lines and a new blower motor for the rear hvac unit. It decided to crap out on me Friday, I took my 3 dogs to the vet for their vaccinations and they were panting. I reached behind my seat and nothing was coming out of the roof vent behind me.

I took the back cover off turned on the rear unit when we got back home and the motor wouldn’t budge. I checked the connection by unplugging and plugging it back in. It moved very little and then dead again. It doesn’t work at any setting. After working flawlessly previously in the week

The fuses are good so I’m leaving the controls off until I get the new motor in. It’s been very hot in Minnesota this past week

I get she’s getting up there in age to where things need to be replaced, after these 3 things all I’m waiting for now is the trans to decide to leave the chat. Once the 6l80 push around 150k they seem to be a ticking bomb anytime after and my god are they pretty spendy even for a reman.

I remember my impala’s tranny only being $2600 for a total overhaul 2 years ago, taking off from a stop it would slip and slam into gear. I thought I was being rear ended it was that bad . I was told it was the forward clutch piston seal that was leaking and when it built up pressure it would slam into gear and the 1-2 clutch was gone , the shop owner put heavy duty sonnax parts in it and I think he said he upgraded the servo to a corvette one.
You can prolong the transmission's life by having a new torque converter installed with a billet cover and stronger lockup clutch. I did this in my 2012 XL Denali because I do a lot of towing with it. Cost me $1400 out the door in 2021, with a new rear main seal on the engine at the same time. A Blackbear tune will also help the transmission live longer by reducing the slip built in from the factory and shutting off AFM, which is hard 0n on the lockup clutch.

OP
OP
A

Atrevino0497

Reaction score
Whaaa? Mine crap’d out on taking the dog back from the vet too. Trucks must be afraid of vets.
It’s always at an inconvenient time. She’s all good now and blows good again in the back seat finally.

My next to do is a power steering fluid change this weekend. My driveway is on a hill though so I think I’ll be borrowing a parking lot behind the part store to do quick. I don’t feel safe jacking up the front end of an 8k pound vehicle on a hill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lacebm2