Help trying to figure out chirping noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I got my 2005 suburban back in March had a fair amount of issues with it slowly been trying to fix those issues but this one baffles me and I cannot figure it out so I was hoping maybe somebody could help me diagnose this.

The issue is when I first got it maybe a week or two after owning it I noticed that there would be a chirping noise coming from around the driver side odometer area. Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the left then the middle and somewhat to the right. Sometimes I'll get it when I let off of the break although it'll sound a little bit more different almost like it's a chirp that's gargling and dying. The last way I sometimes can get the noise as well is when I go to turn the car off and pull the key out of the ignition it kind of makes the same noise similar to what it does when I let off the brake.

Attach the link below to try to send you over to the videos that I managed to get of the noise both of just sitting there idle and it making it and then as I pull the key out I got lucky and it made the noise when I was recording it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I got my 2005 suburban back in March had a fair amount of issues with it slowly been trying to fix those issues but this one baffles me and I cannot figure it out so I was hoping maybe somebody could help me diagnose this.

The issue is when I first got it maybe a week or two after owning it I noticed that there would be a chirping noise coming from around the driver side odometer area. Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the left then the middle and somewhat to the right. Sometimes I'll get it when I let off of the break although it'll sound a little bit more different almost like it's a chirp that's gargling and dying. The last way I sometimes can get the noise as well is when I go to turn the car off and pull the key out of the ignition it kind of makes the same noise similar to what it does when I let off the brake.

Attach the link below to try to send you over to the videos that I managed to get of the noise both of just sitting there idle and it making it and then as I pull the key out I got lucky and it made the noise when I was recording it.

pull the hvac fuse out and see if it still does it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Does it do it with or without the brake applied? same question but with engine running? Engine off?

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it do it with or without the brake applied? same question but with engine running? Engine off?
It does it with or without the brake applied It just seems like the brake can also affect the noise coming on as well. When I first got the car and I noticed it and at one point I pulled into a parking lot turned the car off Just had the radio running and it would still make the noise there was no consistency between intervals of it happening though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there really is not many things that will make that noise, main culprit is a blend door actuator not reading the position properly so it is always trying to adjust but cannot find the commanded spot so it moves back-n-forth a tiny bit chirping. might go fast or slow or work sometimes and not others. sometimes adjust the heat/cold, floor/forward/defrost to a different setting makes it stop but not always and it may even do it with just the key on.
so if pulling the fuse makes the noise go away then you have a lead point to investigate further.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It does it with or without the brake applied It just seems like the brake can also affect the noise coming on as well. When I first got the car and I noticed it and at one point I pulled into a parking lot turned the car off Just had the radio running and it would still make the noise there was no consistency between intervals of it happening though.
You had the key off and out of ignition, or even in it, and it still makes the noise? Yea, like @Doubeleive said, something is still powered up and making that noise. I think it is an actuator, too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You had the key off and out of ignition, or even in it, and it still makes the noise? Yea, like @Doubeleive said, something is still powered up and making that noise. I think it is an actuator, too.
i think the 05 we had would do it even with the key off for a minute or so until it went to sleep, super annoying....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g4007