Help trying to figure out chirping noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there really is not many things that will make that noise, main culprit is a blend door actuator not reading the position properly so it is always trying to adjust but cannot find the commanded spot so it moves back-n-forth a tiny bit chirping. might go fast or slow or work sometimes and not others. sometimes adjust the heat/cold, floor/forward/defrost to a different setting makes it stop but not always and it may even do it with just the key on.
so if pulling the fuse makes the noise go away then you have a lead point to investigate further.
One thing I realized This past summer even though I had both temperatures set to 60 for the AC I was wondering why felt like I was getting a hotspot in the car the sun was shining on that side and then all of a sudden I realized hot air was blowing out of the passenger side. I had to pull over turn the car off I let it sit for a minute and then I turned it back on and the passenger side was cold again but I haven't had that problem since. If you're saying it's something with the blend door actuator I'm assuming that could very well have been a symptom that there is something wrong with it as well.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You had the key off and out of ignition, or even in it, and it still makes the noise? Yea, like @Doubeleive said, something is still powered up and making that noise. I think it is an actuator, too.
I had the key off and out of the ignition, when it was still making the noise I took it out of the ignition, but I still had that auxiliary power that stays on until you open one of the doors. I cannot recall if the noise was still there after everything powered off. I want to say that I did open the door and I was still getting the noise but when this initially happened it was back in March so I can't really recall and I haven't tried to recreate that since I posted about this because it started back up again.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think the 05 we had would do it even with the key off for a minute or so until it went to sleep, super annoying....
i think the 05 we had would do it even with the key off for a minute or so until it went to sleep, super annoying....
Good to know. Thanks for the info. So basically what Doubeleive said is probably corporate more than likely is. Looks like I'll be looking into buying a replacement part hopefully it's not that complicated to get to it and replace it. Haven't looked into it just came on to the forum now to see if anybody else provided help. Wanted to say thank you to everybody who did provide me with some information on tracking down that noise because it can become irritating as all hell when it really starts going especially while I'm driving. When I get around to it if it goes away I will be sure to post in here that that was the fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonS