Help trying to figure out chirping noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Grandson has an 04 Silverado that makes a noise similar to this I think. Might be a similar system as yours. We found that we could move the heat control just a bit toward the warm setting and it would quiet down. Probably not your noise but easy to try it.
I'll give it a try and see what happens. Like I mentioned when I first got the car it was doing it to me and it was cold out so I had the heat going. Didn't notice at all summer when I had the AC on but since I cranked the heat back over now it's doing it again.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks..... ( usually, raising volume , un mutes ).... I barely hear the 'chirp'. Not really enough to diagnose.....
As tom3 recommended doing lowering the heat settings, I dropped it down to 80° on both sides and I'm still getting the noise. Since you're saying you're having trouble hearing the noise I took some more video this morning while I was driving to capture the audio. As you can see in the video for some reason it likes to occur when I take my foot off the brake, maybe like seven out of 10 times it'll do this. The one video is me turning the car off and taking the key out of the ignition That's when it gets really weird with the noise it makes. But as I also mentioned I could be sitting there doing absolutely nothing and the noise is there with no discernible timing between the noise.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As tom3 recommended doing lowering the heat settings, I dropped it down to 80° on both sides and I'm still getting the noise. Since you're saying you're having trouble hearing the noise I took some more video this morning while I was driving to capture the audio. As you can see in the video for some reason it likes to occur when I take my foot off the brake, maybe like seven out of 10 times it'll do this. The one video is me turning the car off and taking the key out of the ignition That's when it gets really weird with the noise it makes. But as I also mentioned I could be sitting there doing absolutely nothing and the noise is there with no discernible timing between the noise.

so..... did you pull the hvac fuse out yet?

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so..... did you pull the hvac fuse out yet?
Damn! No I completely forgot sorry. I'll have time tomorrow morning to do it. Right now I am driving to a job I have and I haven't had the heat on and I have not heard that noise once. Tomorrow morning I have some time and it seems like when it's cold out my first started up at 10s to do it more often. With what I just said though with not having to heat on I don't know if it's a fluke and it's maybe because the car is nice and warmed up and has been driven around for a little bit this morning while it was making that noise initially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustPimpinNusc