Help !!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

412HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey fellas , new to forum , new tahoe owner , 96 hoe 155k just bought 2 weeks ago purchased in phila. drove it 400 miles the same day i bought wiuth no problems , next day she was sputtering on acceleration , prior owner say he had fuel pump done , i was thinking it was a fuel issue because I was filling up one day and fuel was leaking from underneath , had a guy tell me maybe seal on tank maybe bad and was suckin air , changed fuel filter didnt help....had da box put on her and got codes 1372 and 1345 , could this be the cause ????? please help.....:emotions122::emotions122:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
P1372....Crankshaft Position Sensor A-B correlation
P1345....Camshaft to crankshaft position correlation fault

Not related to fuel.

OP
OP
412HOE

412HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i know its not related to fuel , and i know what the codes are , what im trynna find out is if this codes / problems could be the cause of the sputtering problem ?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Well if your throwing a code and its running like dogpoop, then yes i would have to say it would be related to each other.

OP
OP
412HOE

412HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats the thing its not running like dog poop , its not happening all the time , i can go 4-5 hundred miles and nothing then all the sudden it starts other than that it runs great

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Bro, the distributor is probably loose or improperly set regarding its position. Unless you have a scantool that can read Cam Retard PID, which I doubt you do, then its best left for the pros. Your dist, is either too advanced or retarded around 10-15 degrees thus throwing those codes. It will have to be loosened and set properly while reading cam retard to get it back to 0 degrees +- 2 degrees. Any good shop should be ableto do it for around 55-75 bucks, no more than that. Also, make sure they check that the dist. gear isnt chewed up or missing teeth or damaged, as this will also cause the codes you mentioned. Wish you were in Texas and I would help ya!!!!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You are experiencing an intermittent failure on the crankshaft sensor or related wiring. When really acting up your computer is trying to re-sync and after so many attempts throws the crank code. At that point the correlation of the camshaft to crank is likely to be not correct now electronically. That throws the 1345 code. At which point you probably have noticed the engine running in a limp mode as it were with fixed data to keep it operating which means among other things crappy engine performance.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

You can replace the crank sensor if you want but it will have to go to a dealer for the sensor relearn procedure. Some shops with the right equipment can do it to. The p1345 code should clear up when repairs are done as well.

OP
OP
412HOE

412HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so after a lil reserach and some help from u guys here , im guessin that codes 1372 and 1345 , and my sputtering issuse will be solved by replacing the crankshaft sensor AND camshaft sensor , it looks pretty simple on you tube , im no mech. but i tinker round a lil bit , is this something i can handle

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

also where are they located ??? thanx guys

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Actually I think the cranker alone would be good enough. Located in front of engine on timing cover. Just remember to clear your codes after the dealer does the re-learn procedure. Once the cranker is fixed the correlation between the two should be normal if nothing was tampered with on the camshaft side.

OP
OP
412HOE

412HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well another problem today , blown fuel pump relay , second one in 3 weeks , maybe this is the cause of the sputtering problem ? but the only code shown when scanned is 1372 and 1345 , Im starting to regret buying this POS !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee