HI all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJ

Reaction score
Well after posting a couple questions and reading a TON on old threads I figured I'd introduce myself.

The names Jason and I'm in South Carolina. I recently picked up a 2001 Yukon XL 2500 with the Vortec 8.1L. I was a little leary because I'd never heard of this engine but after some research online I bit the bullet. Man this thing is strong! I can't wait to get into it and "tweak" it a little with mods ( I just hope my wife lets me/doesnt find out, lol) It was supposed to be her baby-hauler but I love it so much it's gonna be hard to give up.

UNfortunately I've already had to pour a few cents into it as my fuel pump went out a couple days ago :( It has about 160K miles on it and I doubt the plugs/wires have ever been changed so that is on my "must do soon" list.

I've already gotten a bunch of useful info from this site and only hope to continue. I'm not very mechanical so I'll try to offer advice when I think I can ;)

Later, J

triniguy26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
8.1 daaaaaaaaaaaam.that things a monster.welcome to the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar