HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds like the classic case of needing a harness. Theoretically, one may solve the problem by reducing the overall load on the system. But, if you're already planning on adding another set, you'd just be setting up for the same problem. I'd recommend harnesses all the way around for the best possible results.

My biggest problem with multiple-harnesses is that it gets messy. Makes the battery all cluttered. You can run one mainline from the battery, then hook the harnesses to it buried somewhere discreetly so you don't have cables piling up on your battery. Just be careful about contacts.

Last edited:

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone had any issues with putting the 880 HID bulbs from ddm in their non-z71 housings? the pictures of the 880 bulb make it look pretty long compared to the stand halogen bulbs that are in there. wondering if its gonna hit that reflector piece in the fog housing?

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
has anyone had any issues with putting the 880 HID bulbs from ddm in their non-z71 housings? the pictures of the 880 bulb make it look pretty long compared to the stand halogen bulbs that are in there. wondering if its gonna hit that reflector piece in the fog housing?

I have 880 HID in my non-Z71 2004 Tahoe and the bulb comes close, but does not hit "that reflector piece in the fog housing" lol :Handshake:

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm running 880's from DDM as well. They are a tiny bit longer then the 880 bulbs, but they still fit in my housings with about 1/2 inch to spare before they hit the lens.

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ddm slim balast kit in my Kon and the older raptor kit in my civic, and a buddy of mine has ddm kits in his lows and fogs in his trailblazer SS and neither of us have had any problems so far

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually the first thing I do is buy a set of silver star lights for my vehicles. They are a little spendy, would you guys recommend these over silverstars?
Seems like if you did lows and fogs you would have 4 ballast to hide, kind of a pain but then again if they aren't to large it wouldn't be bad.

Anyone that has bought these kits in this thread unhappy with them, or melted housings?

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Silverstars will forever suck once you go to HID's. They don't compare, and frankly I have always thought Silverstars were way over-rated anyway. One of the Raptor kits is cheaper then a pair of Silverstar Ultras, too.

They won't melt your housings. That's a myth. HID's are actually cooler then standard halogen bulbs.

The ballasts aren't hard to hide since everything is inside the engine bay.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'd like to install some piaa 510 ATP fog lights with hids but it will require some ingenuity in terms of mounting the lights. I think a hybrid housing like the ATP would have the best dispersion pattern but I'm curious how the light force hid system would fit on these trucks. Keep us updated on the fog housing temps I'm curious to see if anyone actually melts anything.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
So far no issues. Other then the weird color of the lights. The more I run them, the less I like it. I'm not sure if it's the housings/clouded lenses they are in or the bulbs themselves, but they are almost a slight greenish tinge. It's really...different. I've seen a lot of HID's, and never seen quite this shade of light....lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172