HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
DenaliAK, I appreciate that. So I have to get the ballasts and connect them to my current headlight wires and they act like an amplifier?

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
More or less. Everything you need generally comes in a kit similar to the one mentioned in this thread.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the help DenaliAK, the 4500 lows and fogs are ordered as well as a harness, my wife wasn't about to spend a grip for HID's but at this price she will give them a try as well!! Can't wait to see how good they work!!

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the help DenaliAK, the 4500 lows and fogs are ordered as well as a harness, my wife wasn't about to spend a grip for HID's but at this price she will give them a try as well!! Can't wait to see how good they work!!

i'm going with the same ones for my lows along with the harness. just need to find the credit card.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured i might as well get it just to be safe. i've gone thru a couple bulbs on just the driver's side, which is weird to me.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Hope they work out for everyone.

A harness won't hurt anything. Seems to be sort of hit and miss when they are actually needed. You can have two of the same vehicles with identical kits, and one may work flawlessly while the other doesn't ignite all the time. Haven't quite figured that out yet....lol.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...so now that I have both lows and fogs installed I think I might need a harness....especially since I might install HIDs on my highs as well. Now do I need a relay harness for each pair (3 total--fogs+lows+highs) or just one relay harness for my vehicle? Or could I get away with running my fogs on a harness but not my lows? What's recommended?

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Honestly, what I do...and take it for whatever it's worth...if they are 35w I don't worry about a harness. Never needed one. 55w I usually get a harness. And yes, you need one harness for each pair of lights, so up to a total of 3 harnesses if you run highs as well (you could theoretically make your own multi-harness, but that's not how they are sold).

Right now I'm bass-ackwards on my setup, and not sure how it's going to hold up in the long run. I don't have a harness on my 55w fogs, which I should, especially since the existing wiring is for a 27w bulb. I do have a harness on my 35w lows, which I probably don't need, but it was an expensive light project and I wasn't taking chances.

The fogs are most likely temporary, which is why I didn't do the whole harness deal. It was more of an experiment to see how the existing housings handled both the light and the heat of the bulbs. I still plan on switching the actual lights out to a higher quality driving light at some point.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, what I do...and take it for whatever it's worth...if they are 35w I don't worry about a harness. Never needed one. 55w I usually get a harness. And yes, you need one harness for each pair of lights, so up to a total of 3 harnesses if you run highs as well (you could theoretically make your own multi-harness, but that's not how they are sold).

Right now I'm bass-ackwards on my setup, and not sure how it's going to hold up in the long run. I don't have a harness on my 55w fogs, which I should, especially since the existing wiring is for a 27w bulb. I do have a harness on my 35w lows, which I probably don't need, but it was an expensive light project and I wasn't taking chances.
Thanks. My '07 was fine until I threw the 35W HID fogs on with the 35W HID lows... So far when I've been messing with it, it works fine if the lows are on first and then I turn the fogs on, but sometimes if the fogs are on first and then I turn on the lows only the driver's side turns on... Would it help if I just put a harness on one pair and not the other!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhanson002