HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You can tell just by the comparo pics that the blue is much more harsh and glary to your eyes. I think you'll like the new color a lot for visibility from a driving perspective. Looks good, Max.

Thanks dude I couldn't see shit when it rained hard with the 6000k, have no idea how people can drive with anything over 6s to be honest. I'm also stoked that the color is almost white because may keep the piggies off my ass. Doubtful tho.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Yup most folks with higher than 6000K is just for looks, they're probably having a hard time seeing too but won't admit it. That's why most/all OEM HID is around 4300-4500K. I had a really good report on where light start changing from being worthwhile visible to just stylish blue/purple hue, but I cant find it now.

AngelsTrojans

Reaction score
Help

I just slapped on a set of 55W 6000k.
The drivers side ballast wasn't working so I had to connect it backwards
like I've read on many posts here.
But... Now the ballast is making a noise.
A whirring sound. I don't think it's normal because my passenger
side and my fogs don't do it.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It's fairly normal for the ballasts to make some kind of humming/electronic noises. If they are working, I wouldn't be too worried unless it seems excessively loud or something.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i just found out my lights are back ordered. I am not really happy with DDM right now. I had an email in for 2 days with no answer. It took me about 2 hours to get anyone on the phone. I kept getting busy signals, and the robo call run around. The shipping departments voice mailbox was full so i couldn't even leave a message for them.
Finally get a sales guy and find out they are sold out and probably will not be here until at least next week.
The guys over at bimmer forums have a few threads going about ddm tuning and their drop in customer service lately.
I guess they kind of blew up over night with their cheap prices, but i think its time to hire more staff.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i just found out my lights are back ordered. I am not really happy with DDM right now. I had an email in for 2 days with no answer. It took me about 2 hours to get anyone on the phone. I kept getting busy signals, and the robo call run around. The shipping departments voice mailbox was full so i couldn't even leave a message for them.
Finally get a sales guy and find out they are sold out and probably will not be here until at least next week.
The guys over at bimmer forums have a few threads going about ddm tuning and their drop in customer service lately.
I guess they kind of blew up over night with their cheap prices, but i think its time to hire more staff.

Good to know, thanks. Sucks we have to wait, but itll be worth the wait they are good kits and people are finding that out. Sht happens

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that, I must have ordered mine a bit before you did and they should be here tomorrow!! From the sound of it, the wait is worth it!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I LOVE my new hids. Much easier on the eyes and way brighter than the 6000k. Makes me want to mod the housings with a legit projector when I finally clear these damn things. 55w 5000k ftmfw yo!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine delivered today, packaged really nice and looks to be a nice product!! My wife finally got home with the truck so I may have to go out and start the install!! So far so good!

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

So, I have never seen a HID kit before in my life, I have a question!

So the bulbs come in a plastic two piece capsule that unscrews from itself, I am guessing that I don't need either of the pieces since they unscrew but I am at a loss on how to get the plastic base of the 2 off of there without breaking it? Did you guys just leave it dangling off of the wiring when installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172