HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Riviera, did you get yours installed? We need pics, or it didn't happen....

Yeah Max, your output looks great from the fogs. I wish mine were a little better.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they are installed, when it comes to pics, they look pretty much like everyone elses that has posted pics!! I am waiting for tomorrow when I get the fogs installed but they look awesome, so very bright!! I even took a drive to the movie place to return a movie just to go for a drive!! That is the reason I got them, I wanted to see better at night and that is the ticket!! I do wish they were completely white but at least they aren't completely blue!! Nice product so far, thanks again for the link AK!!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
There should be very little noticeable blue, if any, in the light from the driver's perspective. You can see it when they first ignite and from the on-coming perspective, but the light itself should be almost pure white at that range.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought so as well, the box says 4500, I'll look tomorrow and see if there are any markings on the ballist, maybe I got a misboxed set? There is blue there though, kinda like what I would have expected if I ordered the 5000's! I'll take a pic tomorrow night and if I can see the blue in the pic I will post it up and see what you think!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Well, you got me thinking, so I took some pics of the HID's aimed at my stark white garage door and my blue house siding, tell me what you think! My camera really sucks when it comes to night pics, the first garage pic is pretty much what I see, the slight blue and for some reason my camera wouldn't pick it up unless I had the halogen fog lights on! Take a look and give me your opinion, do you think I have a misboxed set or maybe I am just still getting used to them?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics....

Attachments

• HID1.JPG
    HID1.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 34
  • HID2.JPG
    HID2.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 31
  • HID3.JPG
    HID3.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
  • HID4.JPG
    HID4.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 34
  • HID5.JPG
    HID5.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 28

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for you guys wanting to order just got this in my email last night:

We are getting our shipments of all the 880 bulbs in by tomorrow morning. We will be catching up ASAP to all the backordered items and shipping them out hopefully by the end of this weekend. If you wish to cancel this order, you will need to notify us right away. If not, once the item is ready to be shipped out, a tracking number will be provided to you.

Looks like a project for next weekend.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Riviera, that does look pretty blue in that first shot, but then the rest look about right. When you first fire them up, there's a few seconds where they warm up and typically you get quite a bit of blue during that phase of things. That's what yours remind me of. Looks like you took a pic right after turning them on and then another one 30 seconds later.

If they are that blue all the time, I'd guess they aren't 4500k or they are just off in color.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those pics were after about 5 minutes of run time on the lights, it's hard to tell if it is just me not use to HID's or not, the blue is very minimal and the more I look at them, the whiter they seem to be!! That first pic was pretty dead on to the look last night but the little I drove them tonight with the HID fogs on it looks alot whiter than last night! I'll have to give them a week and I will reevaluate them, might just take some getting use to!! Otherwise I am very happy with them, seems to be a very nice product, especially for the price!

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you had your camera settings on manual and your color balance set to manual, there is no telling WHAT color the pictures will show :)

As the salts get deposited more evenly (burn in?) you can expect the color to change over the first week or two. That is very common to HID capsules, particularly seems to be the case with bulb retros.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you had your camera settings on manual and your color balance set to manual, there is no telling WHAT color the pictures will show :)

As the salts get deposited more evenly (burn in?) you can expect the color to change over the first week or two. That is very common to HID capsules, particularly seems to be the case with bulb retros.

That's why I was hesitant on even doing any pics, it's a good all round camera but takes crappy night pics, but the first one that I posted up from that night was indeed pretty much the color that I was seeing! I am gonna give it a little time and see how it changes if at all, plus I will get use to them by then I'm sure! I already love them just hoping that either the slight blue disappears or I get use to it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skunkltz