HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a pic a little farther down the thread of what I was talking about, mine had the same kinda flexable plastic washer as you described but it also had the protective base that screwed onto the protective capsule that wouldn't just "come off" without breaking or cutting it!

No no no, there were 2 parts: The flexible rubber boot and inside the screw on part of the bulb case, the base was kind of a notched washer looking thing. I slid the base down, slid the washer off, then was able to get the plastic off over the bulb no problem. Like I said, I am positive I didn't have to cut any plastic to get my bulbs out. Thinking back, I might have unscrewed the thing, then was able to get each amp connector through the hole one at a time, but I am 100% certain there was no cutting of plastic.

I'll have to see if I still have the bulb cases in my garage to snap a pic and show you what I mean.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
No no no, there were 2 parts: The flexible rubber boot and inside the screw on part of the bulb case, the base was kind of a notched washer looking thing. I slid the base down, slid the washer off, then was able to get the plastic off over the bulb no problem. Like I said, I am positive I didn't have to cut any plastic to get my bulbs out. Thinking back, I might have unscrewed the thing, then was able to get each amp connector through the hole one at a time, but I am 100% certain there was no cutting of plastic.

I'll have to see if I still have the bulb cases in my garage to snap a pic and show you what I mean.

i think they sent em out with two different types of similar but slightly different covers. my 9006's had a solid one piece base and the 880's have the notched washer thing you're describing

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for everyone, but I ordered my stuff two weeks ago without being told they were backordered and I have still not heard from them.

They hit my card quick enough.

I'll be calling visa to dispute tomorrow.

Too good to be true

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good experience on my end of it all, so far so good, seems to be a great product for the price! Time will tell how long they will last though but I'm optimistic!!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had nothing but good experiences with them as well. I've had several sets on a couple different cars and had no issues in the ordering or quality of product.

Considering the sheer volume they do, they have 3 complaints with the BBB. Having dealt with the BBB before, that's not bad at all.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for everyone, but I ordered my stuff two weeks ago without being told they were backordered and I have still not heard from them.

They hit my card quick enough.

I'll be calling visa to dispute tomorrow.

Too good to be true

Same here. If I cannot get a hold of someone again by Wednesday I will cancel my order. When i call I get a busy signal, their website has been down all weekend(Knowledge base, and Support page) I never got anything saying they were back ordered and they took my money before they were even back in stock. Not a good way to go about things.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
i think you guys should just be patient. my guess is theyre just selling a high volume at this price and are having a hard time keeping up. and your cards are charged when YOU hit the pay button, not when they feel like "taking" it from you. back in december they had a posting on their site saying they were backordered then. took about 2.5 weeks to get mine after i ordered when they were listed as back ordered. just chill out a little and give em a bit.

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood... My point is that as a customer we should be made aware what the inventory level is... That way we can decide whether or not we want to wait for our purchase to arrive.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ordered 5-6 sets from ddm so far and I only had one problem a few months back I ordered a replacement set of bulbs for my fogs. I ordered 4500k which is what I had before and when I put the new ones in the color looked more like halogen bulbs.
I just took it as a loss of $20 since their customer service pretty much sucks when you try to contact them. I'm sure i'll use them again but I just won't place an order near a holiday date or a big sale because that may cause a delay with the inventory and shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhanson002