HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you shouldnt touch the bulb it's self as the oils are bad and what not. What are you guys doing when you install them? i usually throw on black nitrile gloves when i install bulbs. Plus it keeps your hands clean when you are working on the car.

Last edited:

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you shouldnt touch the bub it's self as the oils are bad and what not. What are you guys doing when you install them? i usually throw on black nitrile gloves when i install bulbs. Plus it keeps your hands clean when you are working on the car.

never had to wear gloves, you dont really get close to touching the bulb unless its an accident.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine delivered today, packaged really nice and looks to be a nice product!! My wife finally got home with the truck so I may have to go out and start the install!! So far so good!

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

So, I have never seen a HID kit before in my life, I have a question!

So the bulbs come in a plastic two piece capsule that unscrews from itself, I am guessing that I don't need either of the pieces since they unscrew but I am at a loss on how to get the plastic base of the 2 off of there without breaking it? Did you guys just leave it dangling off of the wiring when installed?

Unless they changed the plastic, mine had kind of a washer thing on the inside that slid off the bulb, allowing you to take that thing off. I def didn't have to cut or break anything.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless they changed the plastic, mine had kind of a washer thing on the inside that slid off the bulb, allowing you to take that thing off. I def didn't have to cut or break anything.
Same here. I didn't need the rubber grommet that comes on the wires so I did cut that off, though...

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I posted a pic a little farther down the thread of what I was talking about, mine had the same kinda flexable plastic washer as you described but it also had the protective base that screwed onto the protective capsule that wouldn't just "come off" without breaking or cutting it!

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with DDM as a company??? I ordered TWO sets of HIDs from them on 12/31... Was not told they were on back order, then i checked my status of the order it showed "Back Order" status, with no explanation of why, or when they would be available.

Phone calls did no good, they are either a busy signal, or no answer, for two days now.

They did manage to take the $$$ I gave them though.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with DDM as a company??? I ordered TWO sets of HIDs from them on 12/31... Was not told they were on back order, then i checked my status of the order it showed "Back Order" status, with no explanation of why, or when they would be available.

Phone calls did no good, they are either a busy signal, or no answer, for two days now.

They did manage to take the $$$ I gave them though.
I ordered my HIDs from DDM on 12/10 and on 12/11 was told they were on backorder in an email. However, they were still shipped out on 12/14.

FWIW, I read on GMFS that some people over there are having customer service issues with them, as well...

FWIWx2, I would order from HIDGate on eBay if they have the bulbs you want. The quality of their kits seems to be much better than DDMs. (I have HIDGate lows and DDM fogs)

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine on the 23rd of december and they didn't ship out til the 30th of december, obviously right before Christmas so was expecting a delay but it took them 3 business days to end up sending them out after the holiday weekend, which they did send me an email comfirming they were sent out!
I've read that that is the problem people have with them is the lack of communication if they have a problem at all, the kits seem like pretty good quality ones for the price!
Sorry for your problems man, hope they come through very soon for ya!

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DDM always has massive order amounts for these special sales, and then customer responsiveness suffers.

However they are no worse than most of the ebay sellers you can;t even get an email address or phone number out of, much less an address.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you read in here someone got a hold of them and they will have the backordered kits in within a few more days, ive been waiting patiently too. when i ordered my lows they were shipped out 1 days after i ordered and got here in 4 days. on the home page it says christmas time and new years is their busiest time. itll be worth the wait

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhanson002