HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
That is weird my 6000k 35w looked great when the damn things worked. My vvme lows have been fine tho :think:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swap your 35w low and 55w fog ballast... that should take care of it...

that is if you are running all aftermarket (amphenol connector) ballasts with an amph->ds2 adapter for your TSX projector's ds2s.

If not I assume you have an alternate ballast for your 3rd set (highs?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Actually, that brings up interesting question:

If I swap the 55w ballasts into the 35w lows, would that then make the lows 55w? In other words, does the ballast alone control the output, or would I need 55w bulbs as well? From what I understand, the ballasts control the output and the bulbs stay the same, but I've never confirmed that. I think in my case it's sort of moot anyway since my low beam ballasts are not aftermarket but OEM D2S straight connection. I'd probably have to get a reverse adapter to make them work with the other bulbs, if they even make such a thing.

I don't have HID's in the highs, so I don't have a third ballast to play with, but I probably could swap the other two sets.

97turbocobra

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just ordered a set.hell for the money they are worth the chance

thanks for the link
jason

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for a 2003 hoe's fogs I would need the 35w kit with the 880 bulbs? I am thinking 6000k that seems to be right at the end of the brightest with no yellow.
These kits are entirely plug and play, no splicing of wires necessary correct?

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
So for a 2003 hoe's fogs I would need the 35w kit with the 880 bulbs? I am thinking 6000k that seems to be right at the end of the brightest with no yellow.
These kits are entirely plug and play, no splicing of wires necessary correct?

6000k will give you a slight bluish tint to the light. Not bad color, but for sheer light output I'd go with 4300-5000k. It's sort of personal preference, though.

880's are the right size for an '03 Denali...not positive for a Tahoe, but probably the same. And yes, they are plug and play, no splicing required.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, that brings up interesting question:

If I swap the 55w ballasts into the 35w lows, would that then make the lows 55w? In other words, does the ballast alone control the output, or would I need 55w bulbs as well? From what I understand, the ballasts control the output and the bulbs stay the same, but I've never confirmed that. I think in my case it's sort of moot anyway since my low beam ballasts are not aftermarket but OEM D2S straight connection. I'd probably have to get a reverse adapter to make them work with the other bulbs, if they even make such a thing.

I don't have HID's in the highs, so I don't have a third ballast to play with, but I probably could swap the other two sets.

yes, the ballast is the only difference. You are just overdriving the 35W capsules by 40% with a 55w ballast.
I didn't know if you were using aftermarket ballasts with DS2 adapters, or actually had OEM ballasts. Wierd about the green tinge though. Other than the capsules needing a bit of burn in, or the salts being a little off, I have no explanation.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to try mine, they just got shipped out yesterday so I should see them on Wednesday!! Thanks again for the link DenaliAK!!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Eagle. I was thinking they may just need more burn-in. I really don't run them much, so I'll give them a little more time. The weirdest part is that from the front, looking at the truck, they look perfectly white, no hint of color. But from the driver's seat they cast a strange hew....

Riviera, I hope they work out. I think you'll be pleased. Please send me your exhaust as thanks. ;)

I really like the Corsa exhaust. Particularly how quiet it is at speed. My wife might let me get away with that....lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytahoeat409