High Mileage issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I came across a good deal on a 07 LTZ but it has 91000 miles. Anybody have any issues? What are some things I should look for?

Thanks

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost up to 70k on my '07 (bought it at 30k) and haven't had any issues yet. At about 60k miles I had my diffs, transfer case, and transmission flushed and filled with synthetic. Other than that I follow the DIC oil life and try to keep it halfway clean. No issues!

I have a friend that just bought an '07 Avy with around 90k miles and he said it drives like a brand new truck.

What kind of deal are you getting? If it's cheap enough, then any mileage is acceptable! Haha....

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I have a 07 as well with 97 on the clock. Runs great just had a oil change and need to do some things. I have to change diff fluids, replace belt,change plugs and wires,and have to replace my lower ball joints. NOt really a big issue basically normal wear and tear but the truck drives great and looks brand new still.

spmd11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2001 Yukon Denali XL that we purchased new and put 125k miles on it. Thing was bullet proof, except that we replaced tranny at 99k. Warranty expired at 100k! LOL

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! what are these high mileage trucks used for? company trucks? I thought I drove alot lol

dychen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 with 80k on my ABS and Stabilitrak light just started coming on intermittently. So I have to bring it in to find out what's wrong, but otherwise no other issues.

As for mileage it depends largely on where you live. In AZ you have to drive to go anywhere, in NYC where I used to live I averaged around 7k a year. Out here I'm closer to 20k.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my '07 in June '08. The previous owner was a traveling pharmaceutical salesman and put about 34k miles on in a little under two years. For the 2.5 years that I've owned it, I've put about 13,600 miles per year on the clock.

I have a short drive to the office every day, but every couple of months or so I make about a 1000 mile round trip out to western Nebraska and/or northeastern Colorado. I also have to make about a 300-350 mile round trip for work about once a month or so...

rscorey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon with almost 170K miles on it. It has done a lot of hauling and hard work but has been a great vehicle until recenly. The rear end started making noise. Took it to the local mecanic. He has now replaced the rear end 5 times and it keep going out again. Not sure the issue but I think if it goes out again, he will give me my money back and I will have to take it to the dealer.

This is my 1st major issue with the vehicle. Only minor maintenance to this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuchie_goddess