Hoods and body kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to do mine but if I am going to chop up anything I would install fender louvers sort of like the escalade's have built in already. or like a vette, camero, trans-am, etc
hesitant to do the hood

buckwild27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to do mine but if I am going to chop up anything I would install fender louvers sort of like the escalade's have built in already. or like a vette, camero, trans-am, etc
hesitant to do the hood
I agree.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be wrong, but I don't think the Escalade's fender louvers are actually functional.

Hood louvers would be FAR more effective at shedding heat than side louvers.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be wrong, but I don't think the Escalade's fender louvers are actually functional.

Hood louvers would be FAR more effective at shedding heat than side louvers.
I was looking at one in the junkyard the other day, it sure looked functional even though I didn't really dig deep into it I was more looking to see if it could be removed but looks pretty built on. it's not just a "stick on" for looks.
I just don't want water in the engine bay unecessarily I normally park forward on a incline so water would go right in. nor dor I want to lift the hood up.
the vehicles that do have it "functional" from the factory are on the fenders

Raptor Tahoe

Reaction score
Amerihood makes a ram air hood if I’m not mistaken
I went with an Amerihood with both ram-air for the intake and cowl vents for removing heat from the engine compartment. Works very well. Ram-air scoops are low profile and both route to the intake box. Cowl is vented in the back with screens and pulls quite a bit of heat out.

Amerihood has great quality reinforced fiberglass and bolts right in with a mount for piston. I added hood pins to prevent any surprises at high speeds.

IMG_8452.jpeg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I went with an Amerihood with both ram-air for the intake and cowl vents for removing heat from the engine compartment. Works very well. Ram-air scoops are low profile and both route to the intake box. Cowl is vented in the back with screens and pulls quite a bit of heat out.

Amerihood has great quality reinforced fiberglass and bolts right in with a mount for piston. I added hood pins to prevent any surprises at high speeds.

View attachment 434545
I don’t even think I got a pic of the old project truck I put a amerihood on
IMG_20191118_150822.jpeg
IMG_5385.jpegI never got to actually enjoy it though as I never finished the truck lol I loved the hood though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lacebm2