HORNBLASTERS - I want these!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I like the concept... easy to install, no air needed, way better sound (based on sound clip) than factory setup. Curious to read your firsthand review.

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I like the lower frequency @ 300htz this horn produces; hopefully it sounds just as good in person.

I also like this package b/c it includes the relay...should be a really quick install then b/c then i can utilize the existing horn wire for the signal.

Personally I'm not a fan of high pitch "tinny" sounding horns...and I don't foresee myself spending the money on a true lower freq air horn. But then again, when i bought this tahoe I never envisioned 90% of the mods I've completed. :)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand the point of these ...

If someone used one on me they'd be hearing it every time they fart. :Handshake:

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
This thing is ridiculous!!

I was finishing up a few other things this weekend on the Tahoe's cooling system and then my mustangs brakes...so I wasn't able to install it, but I did hook it up to the battery.

It's quite loud and the sound is pretty much identical to the sound byte. The kit is pretty bare, it ONLY comes with relay and a screw + nut....you will need 10g wire (30a capability) and a 20 - 25amp fuse to protect the 30amp relay.

I'm going to wire it into the factory horn so I need to locate the factory horn wire. Essentially, that wire will be the signal to the relay, and the relay will be wired to the battery. (when i do the install, i'll put together a how-to).

You can also wire this with a seperate switch that runs into your interior cabin. I'm personally going to mount the horn (facing down) next to my second battery tray (driver's side fender wall towards the front of the vehicle).

Personally, this is the most excited I've been over a $60 mod :)

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Thanks Sunlit.

I just went outside and checked my wiring. Coming out of the fuse box is a lot of reds, pinks etc and ONE green wire...is that the one I can tap into?

Per your point about it going down the left hand side on the lighting harness....I see a dark green wire that terminates into a clip (there are two other wires on the clip). This clip, plugs into another clip...this clip only has two wires going into it (the green one is no more).

This set of clips is about two feet away from the lights against the inside wall on the drivers side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSalsoNNBS