Horrible gas mileage!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tkemp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know if its from the 24's or what but i only got 260 miles outta my last tank and thats all ive changed on it?

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Whats your gear ratio? Might have to change them for the larger tires/wheels. I mean GM didn't plan on people rollin' around in tahoe's with 24" rims haha I'm sure this makes multiple problem areas.

jhellwig

Reaction score
Have you compensated for tire size change?

Stock tires are roughly 30 inches diameter.

I get about 280 miles on a tank. (e85 though)

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you do all city driving you will prob get what you are getting, really depends on how you drive, if you do short trips alot it kills your gas mpg

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

i dont think the wheels will kill it that much.... i have intake exhaust and programmer and it makes my rims not even seem there... maybe cus you dont have anything else done, but when i put mine on with nothing i didnt notice it much

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my last couple of tanks, i've gotten bad gas mileage too. not as bad as yours, but i've noticed a decrease. and i haven't done anything to my truck.

Last edited:

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
When I had my 20's mpg was shit now with 16" wheels the MPG is braggable.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
24s can't really make your gas mileage go to crap, I have the GM stock 20s that weigh in at about 95Lbs per tire/rim.
A aftermarket 24 tire/rim weighs about the same thing and the tire combo goes from 32" to 32.4"
That alone can not make moe than 1.5MPG worst difference!
Now if you have 17s, we may have a different story......:imo:

Mike Gomez

Reaction score
Damn... my broke ass has not filled up my tank in MONTHS, lol .
MPG is horrible for me too though... I wasted about 20$ on thursday and friday NIGHTS ONLY. Then another 20$ on saturday and sunday NIGHTS ONLY....

:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty