Horrible gas mileage!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
Looks like the Pre-07 models are just bad with gas, I know someone who had a 07 Esky with 26s and always got aleast 13MPG wprst case scenario!

thats because pre 07s are the shit

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Lol they are the shit, the "shit" literally, jk. :mexsmoke:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
24s can't really make your gas mileage go to crap, I have the GM stock 20s that weigh in at about 95Lbs per tire/rim.
A aftermarket 24 tire/rim weighs about the same thing and the tire combo goes from 32" to 32.4"
That alone can not make moe than 1.5MPG worst difference!
Now if you have 17s, we may have a different story......:imo:

well im sure stock he had 16's since he has a nbs. are the 20's really that heavy??? Hmm I dont like my gmc 20's so much now.

californiabratt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my bro got 380 miles on 10 gallons of fuel on a vw jetta TDI

combined city/street/ we just logged miles last week

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
my bro got 380 miles on 10 gallons of fuel on a vw jetta TDI

combined city/street/ we just logged miles last week

WTF does this have to do with anything? Your talking a small car thats not even half the size of the tahoe with a small diesel engine. These are big trucks that have High displacement gasoline engines. Of course its gunna get more MPG, your comparing apples to oranges here. Very large apples, to very small, poorly built, cheaply made, cracker box, oranges. :hands:

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the odometer is like the speedometer and linked to revolutions of the drivetrain, then bigger wheels (or more specifically bigger overall radius/circumference) will cause less revolutions to the odometer for the same distance traveled. Therefore, your odometer reading will be less than before, even though you may have traveled the same amount. Thus, MPG will be much less. If your overall diameter is the same, well then, nevermind. Must be the weight of those dang things. (basically what vjr021 said now that I read the entire thread..sorry.)

:word:

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
although the biggest culprit is probably the addition of the 24" wheels... the winter blend fuel isnt helping your cause either.

I havent changed a thing on my truck since july and all of a sudden last month my MPG's went down a full 2mpgs. I talked with Justin and he told me it is not abnormal for a truck to lose fuel economy during the winter months

cjsacm1

Reaction score
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

check this website out....you can put your stock size tires and then your after market tires and see what percentage you are off....i have the 17 LT wheels stock which is 265/70R17 i am putting 285/45R22 and it only puts me 1/2 taller and it makes it 1.6% slow so my speedo say 60 im actually going 60.9....didnt mean to try to high jack but this can help when trying to keep stockish size....but going to a aftermarket rim you have to expect to loose some mpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99tahoe46322

Latest posts