How To Change Number Of Driver/Fob?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Takeo81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Steve45 / Tangojay, were you able to get your keys to work using this method? I only have 1 key for my 2019 Yukon and would like to add another.

OP
OP
S

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had time to re-program all of my keys, but I know that the procedure in post 2 works for adding a key.

Takeo81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it to work but some how ended up with key fob 1 and key fob 3.... I only have 2 keys... OOPS at least it is only my key that the seat won't automatically go back to the user setting from the exit setting. Since it is over 100 degrees in my garage now I will just live with pushing the memory button when I get in.

JasonFH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, you can reset all the key fobs takes about 30min. Here is the step-by-step.

1. Remove the vehicle key from the remote.

2. Insert the vehicle key into the key lock cylinder on the driver door handle; then turn the key counterclockwise, to the unlock position five times within 10 seconds. The Driver Information Center (DIC) displays REMOTE LEARN PENDING, PLEASE WAIT.

3. Wait for 10 minutes until the DIC displays PRESS ENGINE START BUTTON TO LEARN,
then press the ENGINE START/ STOP button. The DIC display will again show REMOTE LEARN PENDING, PLEASE WAIT.

4. Repeat Step 3 two additional times. After the third time all previously known remotes will no longer work with the vehicle. Remaining remotes can be relearned during the next steps. The DIC display should now show READY FOR REMOTE # 1.

5. Place the new remote in the remote pocket/insert. Open the center console storage area and the storage tray. The remote pocket/insert is in front of the storage area next to the center console storage area between the driver and front passenger seats.

6. Press the ENGINE START/STOP button. When the remote is learned, the DIC display will show that it is ready to program the next remote.

7. Remove the remote from the remote pocket/insert and press unlock or lock on the remote. To program additional remotes, repeat Steps 5–7. When all additional remotes are programmed, press and hold the ENGINE START/STOP button for approximately 12 seconds to exit programming mode.

8. Return the key back into the remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 15 yr old just tried this on our new to us '20 Yukon with a key 1 and key 3 (thanks dealer). Got them all squared up with my wife's new key being key 1, my key being key 2. Thanks for the instructions they worked great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
01hoe4x4

Latest posts