How To: Hidden Antenna Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stormtrooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
better location

you can run the antenna along the bottom of the windshield uder the plastic cowling. it fits flush and you cant see it ever, even when the hood is open. plus there are no metal object to obstruct reception.

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can run the antenna along the bottom of the windshield uder the plastic cowling. it fits flush and you cant see it ever, even when the hood is open. plus there are no metal object to obstruct reception.

Might have to try this when I get some free time, reception is definitely suffering with it along the fender. How difficult is it to remove that cowling to do this?, wipers need to be removed I assume?

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you might be able to just shove it under there w/o removing anything

RKitagawa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
narco944, This is a great post. Thank you!

I just recently been looking for easy modification tips for my Yukon and these is exactly what I am looking for. If you have other tips, please fill me in. That goes for anyone else as well.

Much appreciated.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was one of the easier ones to do! if you havent already debadge/demold/and de-roof rack!! its free and looks alot cleaner

RKitagawa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Debadging is my next modification following the basic maintenance upgrades. Any other ideas for future upgrades will help a lot. I would have to say, coming on here and speaking with you all has been AWESOME. I will post a pic of my ride later, though won't compare to the great rides you all got going on!

RKitagawa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just completed project "Hide Antenna" and it was a success. Thought I would fill you in on what I did with the empty hole once the antenna was removed.

1. Covered the top of the hole with aluminum, making it flush with the ends.
2. Taped it down to secure it.
3. Pored hot clue in the back side (aluminum would stop it from poring over the top)
4. Let it cool
5. Painted the top with same color as trip (black)

This will do until I order the part for $15. This is just another quite solution if you don't want to pay or can't make it to the store. Oh and another note, don't use hot glue if you are in hot weather climates. If so, you can use something else.

008uk.jpg

Last edited:

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
nice im doing this tomorrow, has anyone tried the running along the bottom of the windshield, and have pics? and had better reception? i only listen to am radio lol no im not ancient i just like my sports talk radio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
victorrocha