How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been emailing blackbear about getting my pcm flashed and not a return email yet....anyone know whats up?

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Dont email them anymore. Their email system is wierd and goes in order of recieved. If you send another one, it bumps you down to the bottom of the list. Try pm'ing them on here, might be quicker.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they got back to me today. looking forward to this mod. Anyone care to post up their mpg differences from before and after the fans??? I'm very curious to see what happens to my fuel economy.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
What size belt is needed with the black bear overdrive pulley!?!?

Also Justin says he includes the codes to have the efans work when tuning vehicles now does this mean my PCM is flashed!?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the stock belt with the od pulley. Yes, ur pcm is flashed.

I gained 1-2 mpg with the tune. What was more noticeable was the power. I hated driving my truck in the summer with the a.c. on. Complete slug. Once Justin removed the torque management it felt like a new truck. I get 14+mpg city driving like I want compcared to driving like granny before and getting 12. Getting rid of that mechanical fan helps big time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mikewayne

Reaction score
As said its really a nice and a very helpful post, in language easy for even a novice and is really very helpful due to the images and easy to go with language and almost all details covered that may lead to problems later, and has really helped me to work out on my wheels rather easily.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got everything I needed and started today. My blue pin #42 worked perfectly but I'm at a bit of a standstill so someone please help me. My pcm does not have the blue and green covered connectors. Mine has the blue and Red!!!! Also, on the red connector the #33 pin is taken. Could someone help me out? my harness came with the green #33 pin connector and I'm confused if I need to tap this one into that same pin or at another spot.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

So i think blackbear sent me the wrong harness and the wrong tune for my pcm....I hooked everything up the way it should and when i tried to start my yukon it would not run. The starter would turn the engine but it would not run.

So I took it back to stock with the original pcm and it started right up. So I'm suspecting the PCM is my main issue right now.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an 01 truck you have the wRong harness. Pin 33 should be an a.c. tap wire for you on the harness next to the alternAtor.

If they sent you a new tuned pcm you need to do a crank relearn for your truck to start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2