How will these fit or look dimension wise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Option #2 will stick out more. Option #1 will be close to stock other than the extra inch wider. I will post a pic here shortly to show a 17x8 with 4.5" back spacing on stock height truck. If you plan to lift #2 IMO as many lifts want that 4.5" spacing.

IMG_5535.jpg

Either will work, what size tires are you planning on? Slight trimming may be needed to allow for good clearance

Last edited:
OP
OP
SunlitComet

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
for option #2 it looks like initially 265/65/17 will put me back to stock diameter of 30.6 p[-type.

265/70 would keep me at currently installed lt 265/75/16 at 31.7" and speedo is off 2mph maybe currently.

285/70/17 will give me 11.5" w
8.5" tread
32.8"od.

which is is same as 285/75/16 and will fit stock chassis.

but a re-gearing will be mandatory then. wanted to change it a bit anyway but will need overtime to pull it off.

At any rate rear tires are shot. I am tired of buying used. I hate nali rims on it now. and I have a tire pressure monitor that has been awaiting install for almost a year now.
other issue is i wanted d -window wheels but now i find them in alloy as well and that is just hard to pass up. and 17" is minor bling upgrade without getting out of control.. con is i can only get 2 rim out of the four at the moment for the next 3-4 weeks and i don't know how long the rears will hold. i am not putting used on new rims. so may have to rock 17's in rear and nali 16" chromes in front for a month.

that make any sense? would like a lift height like yours but my body weight is going to bee a problems getting in or out.
will try to order 2 of the 17" today i think. thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SunlitComet

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i decided on option #2 alloys and just ordered the first two from summit.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

alloys and i get the d-window look i wanted.

97Yukon4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick question

Option #2 will stick out more. Option #1 will be close to stock other than the extra inch wider. I will post a pic here shortly to show a 17x8 with 4.5" back spacing on stock height truck. If you plan to lift #2 IMO as many lifts want that 4.5" spacing.

IMG_5535.jpg

Either will work, what size tires are you planning on? Slight trimming may be needed to allow for good clearance

Hey bowtiefreak, what size lift is on your truck and what tire size did you go with? I love the look of your truck at that height.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheels are an ATX Mojave 17x8 with 4.5" back spacing. Tires are a 265/70/17 I think they were. Suspension was bone stock with no crank. I put bigger tires on at the same time I lifted. 8" of lift needed at least a 35" tire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968