Hurts Taking One Like This

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were
This guys video is what I followed for removal:
Were you able to use a jack and swivel it to get the tail shaft to clear the crossmember for the torsion bars like he said he can “sometimes do” or just muscle it down like said he does sometimes? I tried it with my trans jack and that swivel business wasn’t happening, I ended up just using my arms every time.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Were

Were you able to use a jack and swivel it to get the tail shaft to clear the crossmember for the torsion bars like he said he can “sometimes do” or just muscle it down like said he does sometimes? I tried it with my trans jack and that swivel business wasn’t happening, I ended up just using my arms every time.
I tried to and then it got hung up. I ended up just pressing it with my arms. Not bad without fluid in it.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy rebuild kits? I've found everything but the pump on Amazon but some aren't Prime. I can find everything, including the pump on Ebay but my wife doesn't trust them. I'd like to buy direct from a local distributor but so far can't find one. Still rather rebuild this one for $350 including the rear case vs a remanufactured one for $700 plus shipping!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy rebuild kits? I've found everything but the pump on Amazon but some aren't Prime. I can find everything, including the pump on Ebay but my wife doesn't trust them. I'd like to buy direct from a local distributor but so far can't find one. Still rather rebuild this one for $350 including the rear case vs a remanufactured one for $700 plus shipping!
I bought a case half from these guys. Randy's has always had a good rap from what IOI know.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to and then it got hung up. I ended up just pressing it with my arms. Not bad without fluid in it.
It’s not that heavy, just awkward. The hardest part for me is getting it off the ground in the first place when I’m laying on my back and it’s beside me. You have to get it from there to over your chest and that part sucked for me. :mad:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It’s not that heavy, just awkward. The hardest part for me is getting it off the ground in the first place when I’m laying on my back and it’s beside me. You have to get it from there to over your chest and that part sucked for me. :mad:
I had the truck high enough to get it on my chest and then slide under the truck. I was only 40 years old tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968