Hurts Taking One Like This

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see one thing thats kinda confusing me on that TC I found.. Is it missing the input slip shaft?

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see one thing thats kinda confusing me on that TC I found.. Is it missing the input slip shaft?
Think so. And it does look like it's had some work done on it. Look like an OE case? Lots of RTV though. It's probably full of it. If I get any used TC I'd be pulling the case anyway. And for the price of these things rebuilt? I could start a lucrative business! Buy one for $300, put $350 into it and sell it for $1200! DOH!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think so. And it does look like it's had some work done on it. Look like an OE case?
I am not sure.. Would have to see if someone that knows these TC more than you and I could take a gander at the pics. I see the adapter piece, and it comes with all the wiring and hardware. most of the RTV is coming out of the case in a smooth bead, which is usually a good thing. I thought it needed a slip sleeve or a slip coupler. But I admit to not knowing these specific transfer cases.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I answered my own query.. The coupler (AKA Adapter) has the slip sleeve/coupler inside of it..
Good eye. We'll have to wait until this guy gets back to me. He says he has to go to his shop to take a photo of the tag. So, if he has a shop why's it on the ground?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at his listings, this is what he does. He has a bunch of LS engines for sale, and a few transmissions. Probably a scrapper. Buys totaled rigs from co-part for cheap, and sells the engines for a profit. He only sells hard parts.

His pricings arent bad either. LM7 low mile engines for 1500. LQ9 low mile for 2000.. Those a really good prices, especially for complete assemblies (wiring, pulleys, accessories, etc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003