Hurts Taking One Like This

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01 Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey friend. I would second the check on torque converter as well. I had a crack in mine and at the same time the starter pin random **** the bed. Sounded like war under my truck. Just a thought. Little bit more time saving and money saving then a tranny re and re. Wishful thinking I guess. Best of luck.

Efingee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Remanufactured Transmission in my wife's 2005 Yukon has started making a noise that sounds like something is loose inside. Does it in all gear positions. The business that installed it has completely dropped off the face of the earth. So much for any warranty. I just hate the feeling of helplessness and feel totally ripped off. Being on a fixed income and old and having health issues, I still want to pull it and replace it. Is this possible to do in my driveway? I don't think I can get it into my garage. Or will I bite off more than I can chew? My wife thinks I'm nuts. Because of my health issues sometimes I'm down for weeks at a time. Could be the end of this stubborn old mule.
Check the torque converter nuts. If they are loose you will get a noise at all times. Simple fix if that’s all it is. It’s happened many times to many people.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to investigating a bit further. Been down sick, had a little oral surgery and discovered an infection was what me sick! Then the fires around us almost got us evacuated and of course it's been too smokey to even go outside. So anyway, I checked the torque converter bolts 1st as suggested and they're tight. Then I started it and duh it sounds like rocks in the transfer case! Could I hope it's only the servo? It seems to "hunt" or partially engage. This video is Park to Neutral. What do you think?

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying... I think I got it. Let me know please.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Either way, if that is rubbing the case, there is metal in there flying around and will only get worse because the fluid is *****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968