HVAC Core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Tahoe LT and I need to replace the HVAC core, servo motors. Is there a free manual, instructions or diagrams as to what I need to do? Also does anyone make the actual HVAC core?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Heating/Cooling section, and look for the exploded diagram of the HVAC components. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer.

Also check RockAuto.com, as they also have favorable pricing for OEM parts.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Rockauto for an evaporator core. The 99 GM service manual can be downloaded here, go to post #111:

You’ll need to pull the dash to get to the core. Here is how I did mine, maybe it’ll help.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockauto also has a 5% parts discount, look at the top of the home page under “preferred vendor sales”.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Tahoe LT and I need to replace the HVAC core, servo motors. Is there a free manual, instructions or diagrams as to what I need to do? Also does anyone make the actual HVAC core?
I guess the first thing is to explain exactly what you need to replace.
my understanding from what you posted is you want the complete HVAC module with servo motors. In the module there is a heater core and an evaporator core, both readily available. The servo motors are also replaceable and should be available also from the aftermarket sources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwas4here