I also have a cracked dash on a 07 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sucks, try the dealer and maybe they will replace?
And if they do, try using more Portectant (like Meguiars/ArmorAll) on them to avoid that.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
F**k that, I would make them fix that!!
Wonder how the hell this stuff happens?

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. Reminds me of a 78' Coupe DeVille i had, make that two over a few years. Remember back then when Dashboards cracked??? Jesus Christ GM!! Give me a Fu**in break. a CRACKED DASH BOARD! What is this back to the future? This is a fight I would not lose. You need to get the rep in the dealer to look at the crack and have them eat it. On a three year old $50k+ truck that is unacceptable and let them know "WE" the Tahoe owners are aware of this and will hold GM's feet to the flame on these quality issues. Remind them this is the reason why so many people gave up on the domestics and went with the Japanese/Korean car companies. You get in a 5-10yr old Toyota and the interior panels are like brand new even with more than 100k on them. Not these POS' 6mos old and looking warped. What a joke. Good Luck.

Hughski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone my 2007 dashed cracked almost the same way. I brought mine down to the dealer yesterday and they are going to replace it. They said they haven't seen one but asked no questions and ordered the part. He informed me that the dash is all one part. It is not like the 2006 where the top part is separate. The service writer said it would be an all day Job and may need to stay over night. So before changing it out bring it to your dealer. Doesn't hurt to check these days.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dash

well... the dash is subatomically thin.... it's thinner than the paper towels in the bathroom at my work! thinner than a napkin! Thinner than the latest teen sensation on crack!. (I think you get the idea)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jburke1