If you didnt have a Yukon/Suburban/Escalade, what would be your next choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonm

Reaction score
We traded a 2013 mercedes gl450 in to get the 2023 tahoe. We bought the mercedes new and it was a good car for the most part, but when stuff did go wrong outside of warranty, the parts were expensive and it always took a week to get them shipped in. So my wifes daily driver would be down for a week plus waiting on a simple plastic water line or degas bottle to come in.

Parts availability and cost (mostly availability really) is what made us not even look at the euro stuff this time. We considered some Japanese stuff (never actually test drove any but did consider them), then decided we'd go GM.

Wife didn't like the center console of the Escalade, and she also didn't like the dash arrangement of the Denali with the AC vents above the screen, so Tahoe High Country won by process of elimination.

Last edited:

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
The only truck that is the same size are the Ford/Lincoln offerings. So - that's what I'd be driving, but I wouldn't be happy with it. I've spent a couple of months in the Ford's - the Plantinum Editions even - and they are nowhere near as nice as the GMs.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 - 2019 GMC or Chevy 2500hd. Reg cab long box, ext cab long/short, or ccsb. Would be the 6.0L 4wd.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We traded a 2013 mercedes gl450 in to get the 2023 tahoe. We bought the mercedes new and it was a good car for the most part, but when stuff did go wrong outside of warranty, the parts were expensive and it always took a week to get them shipped in. So my wifes daily driver would be down for a week plus waiting in a simple plastic water line to come in.

Parts availability and cost (mostly availability really) is what made us not even look at the euro stuff this time. We considered some Japanese stuff (never actually test drove any but did consider them), then decided we'd go GM.

Wife didn't like the center console of the Escalade, and she also didn't like the dash arrangement of the Denali with the AC vents above the screen, so Tahoe High Country won by process of elimination.
Yes, I have looked at the MB and BMW, but have never bought...I am lucky to have a good GMC dealer here, and being close to Minneapolis, parts usually arrive same day or next day; so have stayed w/ the GM stuff....All my wife's vehicles since 2008 have been Honda's and they have all been spectacular; but they have nothing that competes in size w/ GMs big Utes...That said, this may be my last full size, kids are out of the house now...aside from dragging around my 4500 lb boat...really don't need the space like I used to...but hard to give up the comfort and ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aracka