I'm BACK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my original one at @250K and only because I was doing a Vortec head swap ... guess I was lucky!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I had my 99 I had to replace the original at 150k.

BluHoe96

Reaction score
Agree with sunlit. Definitely check the harness that the fuel pump plugs into next time (hopefully not) to make sure its not damaged or melted. That tends to be the culprit with our trucks when multiple pumps get ran through. Some kits like the AC Delco units come with a new fuel pump harness already.

My inexperience led me to buy an autozone pump which I thought looked cheap when I installed it, but had no choice since I had to get her running asap. If I ever have to do it again I am definitely going to do OEM, AC Delco, or just swap an aftermarket high volume pump into the stock pump assembly.

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
Vanilla Gorilla, your hoe looks pretty stock. Got any plans for it?

OP
OP
Vanilla Gorilla
Reaction score
Vanilla Gorilla, your hoe looks pretty stock. Got any plans for it?

It's my DD, and I'm probably looking to do a BB tune. That's about it.

I can't bring myself to replace a set of 70k mile Michelins that are nearly brand new in order to put some new wheels on. I certainly need the gas mileage more than I need a lift for it.

I'm hoping to leave it alone mostly until the motor's done. When that happens, I'm thinking a 383 and 4L80 might be the way to go. Until then, maybe a CAI and exhaust? Dunno.

Besides, most of my money is going into my Harley.

Last edited:

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
I hear you. You gotta spend more money on performance just so you can spend more money on fuel. :hands:

SamoanYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds familiar... After more than a year with my Kon and all it's problems, I have this bond that's unbreakable (selling her is not in my vocab). I'm committed to restoring her back to her former glory and then some. So good luck with your rig and I'm sure the members on this site will help you every step of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968