I'm going to buy this bad boy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look what I picked up at lunch today...

86082ed5.jpg
[/IMG]

I can't wait to get it installed tonight! Will definitely post some pics!

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... I'm confused. I got the CAI today. I was very excited, and started installing right away. Didn't notice until I was almost done, but my AEM CAI that I bought has a K&N air filter. :wtf:

Has this happened to anybody else? Part of the reason that I bought the AEM was because of the "dry filter" - no oiling needed. But it turns out now, that I have a K&N filter that will need to be oiled.

If I had of noticed this earlier, I would have taken it back to the guy I bought it from. But I already had it almost completely installed, so I said "**** it." Plus I got the whole thing brand new for $185, so it's still a good deal.

Overall... I am happy - I took it on a test drive, and there is a noticealbe difference in accelleration. And the sound definitely rocks.

BEFORE:
DSCN2164.jpg
[/IMG]

AFTER:

DSCN2166.jpg
[/IMG]

robrr44

Reaction score
Also, fyi, the AEM at Autoanything dot com with promo code loyalty is $230, which is $10 cheaper than Amazon.

Thanks for the promo code! I just ordered mine. I had been hesitating due to the cost but $230 is pretty damn good. Thanks again!

Hendo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've always heard that the oil on the filters, such as with K&N's isn't good for your engine. I had a K&N on an F-150 and on an F-250 and I never had any problems, but I never really liked the idea of oiling in the first place.
ive never had an issue with one, but i have seen where an over oiled filter got oil on the mass air sensor and made the truck run awful..

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive never had an issue with one, but i have seen where an over oiled filter got oil on the mass air sensor and made the truck run awful..

I've always had that in mind, so every time I've oiled one in the past, I just do enough to coat it. It's never dripping with oil, lol.

srt6.7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks good! I did the spectre think 130 bucks, but i noticed i will definitely be buying a new filter haha that thing is just newspaper material haha..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035