Installing front MAP lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to switch out the front map lights and install LEDs. Can someone please tell me how to take the stock lights out? Do I need to remove the whole overhead unit. I saw there was one screw there, but it wasnt coming off easy and I didnt want to pull and break the thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the lens pops off on those, either a very small flat spot for a small screwdriver to pry on along the outer edge of the lens or a hole!! Can't fully remember but look closely, I didn't see what it took for them at first when I tried to figure it out for myself either!

YUKISM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the lens there is a small indentation.CAREFULLY stick a small flathead screwdriver in there to pop it out.If it hasn't fallen out when you pop the lens remove the reflector to get a better grip on the bulb.
Remember CAREFULLY so you don't crack the lens.

OP
OP
polobuds

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, those front map lights were a b*&$# to install, especially with the damn reflector in the way.

WLED-x5 cool white (if i did it over again, I would get the high powered ones as these arent that bright
MyTahoe011-1.jpg

MyTahoe010-1.jpg

front map lights are WLED-x5
2nd row/rear map lights are 4410-x9 festoon bulbs cool white (again, would get high powered bulbs 4410-xHP12)
MyTahoe012-1.jpg

4210-xxHP high power festoon bulbs (super bright)
MyTahoe007-1.jpg

This is what the 2nd row/rear dome lights look like. The two outside lights were replaced with 4410 (not shown) and the center light was replaced with 4210 high powered (not shown)
MyTahoe005.jpg

to come...door and footwell LEDs

Last edited:

VT19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could you give me a list of the part #s on those bulbs and where you got them, half of mine are blown out and i need to replace them.

OP
OP
polobuds

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yukism...yeah dont know if i'm gonna do those. i dont have puddle lights so cant do those. but i was thinking vanity mirrors for sure. do you happen to know the bulb # for that? I saw a mention on a thread but I can't find it.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

could you give me a list of the part #s on those bulbs and where you got them, half of mine are blown out and i need to replace them.

Yeah, got them at www.superbrightleds.com

here is what i ordered (price is for each bulb)...

Front 2 map lights (might want to go for the high powered ones:
2 X WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb | $ 3.94 |
Cool White WLED-CW5 0.95

2nd row/rear map lights (each dome light has 3 bulbs - 2 outside map lights that you turn on with the button, and one middle dome light that comes on when you open your doors. Check out my last pic above to see what I'm talking about. Like I said, I dont think they are that bright, so you might want to go for the high powered ones, which are a tad bit more:
4 X 4410-x9 LED Festoon bulb | $ 4.74 |
Cool White 4410-CW9 2.25

2nd row/rear dome lights (middle bulb):
2 X 4210 High Power LED Festoon bulb | $ 14.95 |
Cool White 4210-CWHP6 7.00

I also got lights for the footwell and door lights:
6 X WLED-x-x LED bulb | $ 1.39 |
120 Degree Cool White WLED-W-x 0.60

Other people have done cluster, puddle lights, and vanity mirrors, but I dont know the bulbs for those.

If I can be any more help, let me know.

Last edited:

VT19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
man i really appreciate it, thanks a lot. i love this place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdriscoll