Interested in a intake for my tahoe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pj32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my dad 01' black tahoe, i want to put a intake to make it sound better...anyone have advice for a good intake? make it sound better...

also does it do anything bad to the internal tahoe computer?

any advice would be great...

thanks

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lots of good ones out there. depends on what you want to spend. K&N/AEM, Volant, Spectre, and many others will make it sound better and give you some slight gains. i have a Spectre. It's a fraction of the cost and and difference in gains between it and the others I believe would be negligible.

here's where i bought it. read the reviews:
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/77A4368A3354941.aspx?kc=ffsku

OP
OP
P

pj32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cool, how is the durability of your intake? + clamps and stuff....

also, what about the sensors and computer?

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
I just got my dad 01' black tahoe, i want to put a intake to make it sound better...anyone have advice for a good intake? make it sound better...

also does it do anything bad to the internal tahoe computer?

any advice would be great...

thanks

I have the same intake as Narco but dont expect some sudden increase in performance. You will need to add a nice exhaust and have a Black Bear style tune up before you really notice performance improvements

OP
OP
P

pj32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i understand, i just want the truck to breath better so i wanted to start there then end with a cat back exhaust in the next 8 months....

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch of different styles. I have a Airaid that I bought like 3 years ago, I think more important then then the cai is the filter that's used. Some are definitely better quality then others.

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a funny non-thread jacking note I pulled the intake tube off the lq4 motor I got and it had one of those so-called gas mileage improving tornado deals in it. It make me rofl a little :rolleyes:

OP
OP
P

pj32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think i want to go with k&n, just for the quality of the filter and tube...

Anyone know the difference between the fuel injection kit vs the 77 series?

and chrome tube vs black tube ?

dstratltr450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 77 series chrome tube k&n intake on mine and the quality is top notch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52