Interior Door Handles - Chrome Tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 Tahoe has that cheap chrome tape on the interior door handles and it is splitting along the top edge of the handle. It's just enough to give yourself some nice paper cuts if you aren't paying attention.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I thought about some glue spread thinly over it...but I'm just not sure.

Thanks for your help!

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked mine and they are starting to split as well. Time to start looking for a solution. If it gets too bad I will just sand them down and paint them to get by.

BigTime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my Tahoe. What do you think is the best way to fix this? I was thinking the glue idea.

preston

Reaction score
I think this has come up before and if I remember correctly, if you are still under waranty your dealer should replace them.

Mine are doing the same thing, but I am well out of my warranty period. I'll probably just order somer replacements off ebay or gmpartsdirect.com.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
My Tahoe is the same. That's one of my biggest gripes when opening the door is cutting my fingers open on that sharp shit.

-E

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
i just had that same problem today. hads to tear the chrome off. but it all works out because iam going to paint them black. i dont want any chrome in the inside.
besides the dealership wont do anything if its not under waranty.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this has come up before and if I remember correctly, if you are still under waranty your dealer should replace them.

Mine are doing the same thing, but I am well out of my warranty period. I'll probably just order somer replacements off ebay or gmpartsdirect.com.

How much $ are these crappy things?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddha76