Interior Door Handles - Chrome Tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dychen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone got a solution for out of warranty people? My 6 yr old cut his hand on the stupid tape yesterday. Weird how my driver's door one is fine but the back ones are all worn out. Does anyone make aftermarket handles?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Wow if its really that price I would just buy some new ones, then make the dealership install for free. :D

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Part 11 is the housing it sits in, where the buttons for heated seats (if equipped) and memory seats are. Part 9 is the actual chrome handle.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. Someone should spend the $2 and see if it actually is the handle, haha, even though the diagram shows it to be the handle.

Wasn't there a recall for the 07 models that had sharp door handles?? Maybe the dealer will be considerate enough to count this under that recall, even if the peeling ones don't have sharp corners.

AV2TA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my wife’s 2007 Avalanche front passenger door; my wife did a quick fix with a band-aid (not kidding). I replaced the band aid with chrome tape.

We traded the 07 Avalanche in last week for an 07 Tahoe LTZ. The chrome is also peeling off on the Tahoe front passenger door. I’ll get the dealership to replace it for free on the next warranty issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts