Interior Door Handles - Chrome Tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys sure that this is under warranty? The dealer might say that the paint coming off is wear and tear. I actually want this thing to be fixed as well... its not so bad that ill get a paper cut but im pretty **** when it comes to the interior of my car. I want it looking pristine. If the dealer has no choice but to replace it, let me hear some success stories so i can get it replaced.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cut the hell out of my hand again today. starting to get really frustrating..

sounds aggravating.. can someone post a pic of this? i would really like to see it. my buddy had som chrome pealing off some trim and it was real thin and felt like it would cut you but anyhow there is this super glue that is really thin and runny unlike the normal superglue and we put some on the back side and the thin glue seeped down behind the chrome and we wiped off the excess glue on the outside with a rag really quick and it worked great you could still se a crack up close but the thin superglue got down in there and cept it from getting worse and it was smooth and flush. idk if yal have the same thing going on or what but maby that info can help.

Last edited:

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have under 36k they will replace this easy. if you have extended warranty then you can do this at any time. I just got mines replaced. however, they dont replace unpeeled chrome. The rear doors didnt peel so they only replaced the front two

20incharms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cut my finger on door handle

This is ridiculous. The "chrome" is letting go of the door release and I have now cut my left middle finger in the same place twice. I have a 2008 Tahoe z71.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts