iphone with usb port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is GM bothering with these silly cables? Iphone 3GS (and a TON of ford products) support the A2DP bluetooth profile... stream your music, don't hook up a stupid cable... Has everyone seen 'My Ford Touch' it kicks the shit out of anything GM has... I'd sell my Tahoe for a 2011 Edge if the Edge could tow what the Tahoe can... I have an 09LTZ, and GM cut me a check for the voice destinations not working ($900) last year sometime once I got the BBB involved... this piece of crap headunit was designed by 80 year olds for 80 year olds. I know my 15 year old sister could have designed a better system... that I don't know... WORKS. or does something that's actually useful... Where's the weather? where's the free traffic? where's address entry in motion (honda lets me do it!) the ipod/iphone only have 99.999999% of the market, hey I know... let's NOT test our products with them... that will work :)

Last edited:

PC3000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Iphone ios4 with USB Port Problem

So i just bought a Tahoe today with a Nav Bose system and learned that my iphone 3gs with ios4 will not connect. It does not Charge either.

A few months back, I remember that i tried my iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 software and it worked with a non nav system in the tahoe.

Is anyone's iphone working???? Is it just a problem with ios4?

I read the posts and it seems that there is no fix yet. However, there is one post that came up and someone said to try a "Peripheral by Media Gateway" from Crutchfield. Has anyone used this? How does this connect to the iphone and tahoe?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes the problem is your iOS4.

As an undisclosed "feature" iOS4 added authentication for accessories, so anything without an apple chip won't work anymore.

Peripheral's PXAMG media gateway is user upgradable: they have a chip that can be added to the control unit and firmware flashed to support iOS4. Unfortunately the chips are backordered until at least July 5th.

PC3000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe i'm a bit confused. According to their application guide I need the following

"All radios must have a “BAND” “XM” “P-TYPE’ or “CAT” button otherwise they are incompatible.Not compatible with Monsoon systems. (PGHGM5)".

It sounds like you are familiar with my Nav Unit. I do have XM and I do have AUX.

Now if I purchase this product, how does is connect to my vehicle and how do i flash the chip. Sorry for the confusion, it's not my expertise.

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it jsut plugs into the back using the OTHER cable supplied... GM11 I think it is.
It has a pigtail that lets you plug it in and also has the female side of the socket like the oem head so you can reconnect your OEM accessories.

You flash the firmware using a USB cable and your home computer. Software is supplied on the website.

You install the chip by completely disassembling the unit, draining the capacitor by shorting it with a srewdriver, and carefully removing an existing circuit board and replacing it with a newer one you purchase separately from PAC.

My suggestion? wait until they start including the update in the retail version... they will probably have one soon that says "iOS4 compatible" or "iPhone 4 compatible" on the packaging just like they did when the new 5v only charging scheme for the iphone 3g, nano 4, and Itouch 2g came out.

Last edited:

PC3000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so i did a bit more research. The question i have is, will this be in place of my XM Radio or can i still have both XM & my Iphone.

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
both.
can also have Aux in (supplied)
or
Bluetooth (extra module)
or
Sirius (extra module)
or
HD radio (extra module)

PC3000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for you help man. I just sent an email to PAC-Audio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus