iphone with usb port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
question, i have 2010 LTZ with DVD Nav and rear DVD. USB works with IPOd, but when I plug in flash with MP3, if knows it is there then does not recognioze it. anyone with flash that works can you tell me files type, flash drive used, etc....

Mine seems to work ok with a flash drive and mp3's. I just plug it in and it plays showing USB on the screen. Do you have your mp3's in folders? Is there anything else on the drive such as pictures or software. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but are you using a Mac or PC to put the files on the drive?

Zirotti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FWIW, when I plug my iPhone 3GS into the USB port, it will play, but the device will NOT charge and I also get a message on the phone about "this accessory not supported". However, when I plug in an old iPod Classic, it works fine.

I tried my iPhone in a 2010 Saturn Outlook with USB port and it worked fine.

My Tahoe is a 2010 LT with rear entertainment and non-Nav head unit.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one is easy... you need a Scosche Passport. It is doing the charging on the wrong pins, new ones are different.

OP
OP

10denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is probably a cable problem, make sure your using the right cable for the iPhone.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FWIW, when I plug my iPhone 3GS into the USB port, it will play, but the device will NOT charge and I also get a message on the phone about "this accessory not supported". However, when I plug in an old iPod Classic, it works fine.

I tried my iPhone in a 2010 Saturn Outlook with USB port and it worked fine.

My Tahoe is a 2010 LT with rear entertainment and non-Nav head unit.

I've found that disconnecting and reconnecting a couple of times my phone will charge. Sometimes it will quit charging but no matter if it charges or not I still have the issue with popping during playback. Had GM done this head unit correctly it should adjust the voltage for whatever device is connected. Basic USB 101 in my opinion.

Still no resolution on my problem(s) but I did get a voice message from GMC today asking me to call them on my concerns as written on my recent customer survey. :)

swacker69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum resolved the popping noise you get after a few minutes when playing a Ipod? I have a 2010 tahoe with the nav system and the usb port.

is there a fix?

OP
OP

10denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not as far as I know, robsieb seems to have been able to at least alert GM to the problem, but I don't think anything has been resolved yet. I had some aftermarket work done on my 2010 yukon to unlock the screen while driving so my dealer just blames that work and won't help me, but there is no way the two are related. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, it's sad, but I've just learned to live with it.

swacker69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I havent had the tahoe more than 2 weeks and im really sickened by this issue. ive opened a case with GM as well. When i get my customer service satisfaction from my dealership someone may lose their job over all this. im going to mark unsatisfactory on every single line to get someones attention as my dealer is being a jerk about it all.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum resolved the popping noise you get after a few minutes when playing a Ipod? I have a 2010 tahoe with the nav system and the usb port.

is there a fix?

Still no fix but I'm glad to see other getting fed up with this. I believe in order to get it resolved it's going to take everyone who has the problem to take it up with the service manager. If GM has enough calls on it maybe, just maybe they will do something.

I emailed the service manager I've been dealing with on Monday to ask if he'd heard anything. His response was that he had emailed GM the Thursday before but the tech person was out until the 6th. He indicated he should hear back somewhere between the 7th and 9th. I've not heard back from him which kind of hacks me off. Anyway, I'm going to call him and suggest he do the same with GM. I'm not resting until its resolved or they give me something that works. Will report back what I hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts