iphone with usb port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Updating that PXAMG rendered my factory nav useless. It does not power on anymore. :(

Update: I had to take apart the radio and unplug the aftermarket harness required for the PXAMG, and plugged my factory harness into the radio and it works now, but all that money I spent on that thing was wasted.

Last edited:

PC3000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When using the PXAMG, does this allow me to connect my iphone 4 into the USB Port?

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing of any Earth shattering news here other than to say that I emailed the dealer to see if they had heard anything further from engineering on this and they responded saying they had not heard a thing. I'm not sure if that means they're working on it, have released the "fix" that I got to the dealers or they just dropped it all together.

On a different note I upgraded to iOS4 and have a couple things going on a bit different now. Charging WILL NOT work at all. Prior to the upgrade I occasionally was able to get it to charge. Connections - USB is OK as long as I have not done a sync. Once I sync and try to connect it's almost impossible. After restarting the device and the vehicle I can eventually get it to connect. Bluetooth - Again, as long as I do not do a sync I'm OK. Once I sync the iPhone see's the GM Bluetooth but will not make a connection. I have to delete the pairing from the GM side and re-pair the device.

All I can say is "WHAT A PAIN IN THE A$$"

On the good side the update to iOS4 did not break the fix for the popping that I was lucky to get. So far, so good on that front. Now if I can just get it to connect. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP

10denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I plugged in the new iPhone and everything worked perfectly on my 2010 Yukon. No static sound or anything. Since that first time, there have been a few occasions where it didn't connect at first but a simple unplugging and replugging in of the cable and it worked fine. It charges as well. Have to say, I'm pretty happy now, no thanks to GM of course.

cdukes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Iphone won't recognize

Hi,
Does anyone have an update on this?
I bought a 2010 Tahoe last week and my Iphone worked fine until today. Now it doesn't recognize it (it does charge it though).
I also tried a flash drive as well as an external 2.5 inch disk.
The flash drive recognizes but says there's no music.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only update I have is that after updating my 3GS to iOS 4.1 I now get about 30 seconds of playback before it stops. Track info still shows on the head unit, the iPhone shows the play > arrow but no sound. I've never been so frustrated with a device and vehicle in my entire life. Looking to downgrade to iOS 4.0.2 and see what happens. I also sent an email to my service manager asking if GM had any later firmware updates than the original one I received. &$*&^*(*&^&

Plastik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue

Just bought 2010 Yukon Denali. iPhone OS 4.01 worked fine for playback and power through USB. Upgraded iPhone to OS 4.1 and now the 'unsupported accessory' message comes up on iPhone and music will play for about 10 seconds before cutting out. Nav display still shows iPhone info but nothing plays.

Will try new cable today and report update.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Just re-tried using the cable that came with my iPhone 4 - same result. Music played for 10 seconds and quit. Interesting. Power works however.

Plastik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another update: New iPhone 4 out of box works perfectly. USB port allows full music play, full Nav display playlist/artist/etc. navigation, power to iPhone. iPhone still reports the accessory error but it doesn't seem to have any issue. iPhone 4 is running OS4.2.

Unplug iPhone 4 and replace with iPhone 3GS w/OS4.2 and I get power to the iPhone through USB, Nav display shows playlist/artist/etc. but music will only play for about 10 seconds.

What could be different between the physical devices that the system wouldn't like? Note I have a 2010 Yukokn Denali with rear DVD and NAV.

Erebos

Reaction score
I got the same "unsupported accessory" message on the iPhone4 but I do not get any sound at all, not even for 10 seconds. I was able to navigate and switch between songs and folders through the "iPod" audio menu on the navigation screen. No matter what I do, no sound will come out. Note that this *used* to work before.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried calling the service manager I had been working with on this just to find out he's no longer there. I suppose my next option is to call GM's customer service number and complain. I'm not standing for it any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925